Chapter 89

“Why the hell are we in here!?” Kurogane growled, pounding on the glass.

“They’re going to test on us fully now,” Yazoo sighed.

“It won’t be just blood samples anymore,” Lightning nodded.

“[Nickname]-chan’s gonna come, don’t worry!” Fai frowned. “Kuro-sama, brighten up! We needa keep our promise to—”

“Maqui! Maqui get up! Snow, tell him to get up!” Yuj cried, his friend being dropped into the open space beside him.

“He’s unconscious because of the mako,” Rufus murmured. “His body cannot handle it.”

“Take Sephiroth out,” Ryuushin instructed, strolling into the room, hands in his pockets. “Hojo wants to see him. Oh, and don’t go through the trouble of rechecking the wards—I want a see for myself.”

“Hai,” the shinobi bowed, removing the unconscious silverette.

“You,” Auron narrowed his eyes.

“Hello sensei~,” the ravenette bowed with a smirk. “You look a little…tired. How about a nice long nap? You’ll see [Name] when you wake up—I promise.”

“[Name]…[Name],” Wasurete whispered. “She’s…gonna be alright.”

“What…did you do to her?” Noctis asked, opening his eyes and mumbling, clutching at his aching head.

“Sorry, I’m not sure I caught that Mr. Prince. How about you repeat it?” Ryuushin leaned against the glass.

“He said…WHAT DID YOU DO TO [NAME]!?” Leon roared, blue eyes full of rage.

“It’s not about what I’M going to do to [Name], but what YOU’RE going to do to her,” he shrugged lazily.

“Y’know what I’M gonna do to YOU?” Nero chuckled, leaning against the glass. “I’m gonna shred your sorry ass to pieces!”

“Ooh, I’m so scared,” the ravenette yawned.

“Oh I’m just getting started! Because after that, I’ll feed you to my demon brothers instead of sending you TO HELL! That punishment would be like heaven for you and I don’t think you even deserve to die! Even THAT’S too good for you! While we’re on the subject, why don’t cha let me outta here so I can—”

“Nero enough!” both Dante and Vergil glared at their brother.

“Watch your mouth,” Ryuushin’s eye twitched in annoyance,” or Agnus won’t have mercy on you when the time comes for your demise,” he called, leaving the room. “That, and I can make sure your deaths are quick and painless!”

“Oh yeah, yeah, real mature man! Walk away—”

“Dude shuddap!” Noa shrieked, shaking his head rapidly as tears rolled down his eyes. “I don’t…I don’t wanna die so quickly…I can’t go yet,” he whispered to himself.

***

“It’s been four days,” Cloud clenched his fists as he lay slumped on the couch, Vincent descending the stairs with Zero and Kadaj looking over the map. “When…are we going to do something?”

Late afternoon, and there was no sight of you being awake yet. Akinori had carried you to the room you formerly shared with Noctis after you had fallen asleep last night, leaving the papers on the coffee table for the boys to examine. There was not much other than construction outlines and the map—which out of the two, they paid great attention to. The dragon himself had gone off to make rounds, seeing how the fiend situation either increased or decreased since the past seventy two hours.