Chapter 32

During study hall, Lulu was handing out dog tags to the passing students of the mission evaluations. It was black outlined with gray and held by a silver chain with the name of the student engraved on it in white; on the back, it held an outline of their weapon. Zexion, Fuu, Zidane and Tidus got theirs, however, you didn’t, and that worried you. Walking with Zexion to Vexen’s he assured you that you’d probably get yours during another class, but you were skeptical now.

Noa and Dante bounced into biochemistry with the dog tags hanging around their necks- grins accompanying them. This was also true for Zack, Riku, Angeal, Yuffie, Paine and Axel. As Vexen was setting something up in front of the class, Noa jumped onto your lab table and sat as Dante turned to you.

“So, babe, where’s yours?” Dante smiled.

“Don’t have one,” you crossed your arms,” I didn’t get one in study hall.”

“What!? Why not!? Leon told us you did great!” Noa’s face was in disbelief.

“Maybe she’ll get it in another class,” Dante shrugged.

“Mr. Flourite, take a seat,” Vexen glared.

“Okie dokie Vexy!” Noa grinned, making a few in the class snicker at his annoyed expression.

“Now, since most of you will be on these missions, you need to understand infestations of the body, this includes types of materia which we will be discussing today.”

“Ugh,” Angeal’s face turned disgusted, Zack patting his back in pity.

“Materia, or too much mako, can create a defect in the body. A few of our students in this class are an example of that- right Angeal?” Vexen smirked. Angeal didn’t say a word as he glared at the sandy haired teacher. “As I thought,” Vexen turned to Dante,” Mr. Sparda, I hear that you are one of the ones who weren’t tested on, but rather had your powers derived from this explosion correct? You’re brother had been difficult about this.”

“I don’t blame him,” Dante crossed his arms with a blank expression,” You did call him a fiend.”

“I was only curious for the truth,” Vexen glared,” So then, what inhabits half of your soul Mr. Sparda? I assume you are a heartless? There is darkness emitting from you,” Vexen gave a sick smile,” It is very strong as well.”

“I dunno,” Dante shrugged with a smirk,” Do you really wanna find out?”

“Are you threatening a teacher?” Vexen raised an eyebrow.

“Hey, you asked,” he shrugged.

“Very well, show us.”

“You heard him boys,” Dante snapped his fingers.

5 demons arose from the shadows of the floor. They were disfigured, deformed, and about 8 feet tall each. Dante stood from his seat and walked up to the front of the room, the class staring in awe and in fright of the monsters. Vexen himself seemed to keep a cool face, but you could see his eyes dashing from one to another in slight panic. Dante crossed his arms a few feet away from Vexen’s desk where the demons were slowly headed.

“Alright idiots, these are demons,” Dante crossed his arms,” I control demons, I have the power of a demon, I AM half demon- which means I’m still just as human as any of you guys. If you wanna be like Vexy here and call my brother a soulless fiend, we will have a problem,” he smiled sweetly. You giggled, never knowing Dante could be so- yakuza like.

“Call them back,” Vexen growled, clenching his fists,” Or I will have you expelled from the school.”

“Hey, you wanted them here. You wanted to know what I was,” Dante gave him an innocent look,” I can’t call them back anyways.”