Chapter 47

“DANTE!! DAMIT, GET BACK HERE!!” you shrieked, chasing the shirtless teen down the hall. He had taken your board shorts which currently left you with the top, but bikini bottom. The on looking teens either laughed and cheered on Dante, or blushed at the sight of you. Some gave him a pitiful expression, knowing that he’d be getting what’s coming to him. “DANTE!!”

“No can do babe!” he laughed.

“Dante!” Axel called with a mischievous grin,” Over here!” Dante laughed once more, tossing Axel your shorts which he easily caught because of the height they towered over you with.

“Pass it!” Vanitas ran past you. Axel winked at you, tossing the shorts over to Vanitas.

“Ugh, why is the half football team even here!?” you huffed, running a hand through your hair.

“We came to cheer people on,” Zack shrugged with a smirk, catching the shorts Vanitas had tossed him.

“Zackie boy~,” Dante cooed, from the entrance of the lodge.

“Zack~,” you whined with a pout. “C’mon~ give it back. Please?” you gave him puppy eyes.

He sighed,” Okay [Name], I- Dante heads up!!” Zack laughed, tossing him your shorts.

“You gotta be fucking kidding me!” you groaned, and stomped to the entrance.

Dante ran outside onto the sand, catching the attention of Leon, Cloud, Cid, Balthier, and Jecht. “Sorry, babe! I dunno how to stop!” he chuckled, running for the water.

“Okay, you freaking asked for it!!” you yelled, chasing after him.

Pushing yourself faster, you began closing the gap on Dante as he reached the group of adults. However, as he was about to turn back around to dash for the lodge, you jumped high and smacked the back of his head as if you were spiking a volleyball. With Dante staggering, you landed in front of him and kicked him right where it hurts, your leg extended into a straight line with perfect precision. Originally, you aimed for his stomach, but this was just as good. As he crumpled to the floor, you slipped on the shorts right there- thankful you always wore your high-tops; you needed them for blitzball anyway. You crouched down to the half demon that was curled up into a ball and smirked.

“So babe~, have you learned your lesson about stealing a girl’s clothes?” you asked sweetly.

“Gah,” he groaned. “[Name], you’re so mean! You didn’t have to kick my poor balls,” he pouted, clutching at his privates.

“I’m mean?” you scoffed and stood. “You took my clothes!”

“I was just- gah, never mind,” he shook his head and it plopped down in the sand.

You shrugged and turned to walk away, but stopped when seeing the adults gaping at you. “What?” you pouted,” He started it!”

“Can you do that daily?” Jecht asked, you nodded. “Hm…”

“Balthier ya better get him some ice fer that,” Cid’s face seemed distorted.

“Right away,” Balthier nodded and helped Dante up, leaning him against a tree.

“Yeah, uh- kid? You’re not playing with broken balls,” Jecht said to Dante.

“What!? No, no, no I,” he tried to sit up but melted back down,” Yeah… Ugh, yeah, okay.”

“Damn, I didn’t know a pretty little thing like you had it in ya to do THAT,” Jecht jabbed a finger towards Dante, chuckling.