Chapter 13

Your jaw clenched at your name coming from his mouth,” You got the wrong person.”

“Boys, do we?” asked the middle one mockingly. They laughed and shook their heads. From the way his eyes rose in the corners, you could tell he was smiling,” Well, there you go. We know who you are [Name]- chan, and we’re here to take you down for good.”

Rolling your eyes and crossing your arms you cocked your head to the side,” Oh, and who am I then? Who are you to make such ridiculous judgments?”

“Ooh~ she’s using big words,” snickered the one on the right.

“Answer the question.”

The middle one raised a hand up to stop him from speaking any further,” We are the Deadly Four: followers of Bushido trained by Auron and sent by Kairi to hurt you; a brat messing with her plans.” Internally, you sighed,’ They’re not shinobi. Just some wannabes rouged from Kairi. They don’t even know the difference between Ninjutsu and Bushido- look how they’re dressed. What a false alarm.’

“Hey, crap for brains! You hear him?” called another guy.

A mischievous smile crossed your face and you got an idea. “Okay, but, if you want me,” you uncrossed your arms and gestured them forward,” Come get me.”

“Che- she really is stupid,” he sneered.

The four charged you at once, uncoordinated. You ducked at the last moment and their heads clashed together. They groaned and you began running for the Strife house which was about 3 or 4 football fields away. You heard their footsteps coming behind you and you only pushed yourself faster. Without slowing your pace, you pulled out the phone in your backpack, and once it was turned on, you dialed Tifa’s number. No answer. Auron, Cid: voicemail on the first ring. Try number 4: Leon. It rang twice before he answered it.

“Leon!” you huffed, out of breath from all the running.

“[Name]? Where-“

“Can’t talk! Just get to Cloud’s within 5 minutes! I’ll explain later,” you didn’t wait for an answer as you hung up, and began dialing Cloud’s number.

He answered after a few rings,” Hello?“

“Cloud! No time to explain! Get to the house in 5!” you hung up and tucked the phone away in the blazer’s pocket, zipping it up, then looked back to make sure you were still being chased. You were, and they were keeping up pretty well. As the alleyway was reaching an end, you sprinted towards the yard. Tossing your backpack and the blazer on the porch of the house, you turned to see them just exiting and making their way to you. You were thankful you didn’t take off the gloves from P.E and cracked your knuckles as you ran against the 4 of them.

The leader of the group reached you first, and you sent him a roundhouse kick in the ribs. Like Kairi, he flew back several feet, taking down two others with him. Another two grabbed each of your hands and attempted to throw you away, but you countered by flipping back and pulling their hands with you. They twisted, and by pushing your elbows down on them with force, you heard a ‘CRACK’ and they sunk to the floor in pain. To make matters worse for them, the two who were hit by the leader tripped on their friends’ limbs trying to get to you and fell at your feet. You pulled one of them up and hit a pressure point on his neck; he went numb and fell to the floor screaming.

The second pulled you by your skirt and got you down. You straightened your legs out putting them together and kicked him in the face as you cartwheeled back. His nose bled and he pulled out a small knife which he immediately lunged at you with. You grabbed his hand pulling him forward and kicked him away before he could make contact with you. The leader snuck behind you without your notice and pulled your hands together within a swift movement; tying them with some kind of band you couldn’t get your hands out of quick enough. He smirked as he laid hands on your waist. Being absolutely disgusted, you pushed him back against the door with all of your weight and heard a thud as his head hit the wood. You flipped back a few times, landing onto the lawn.