Chapter 31

“Ooh~ someone’s in a good mood!” Fai exclaimed as you skipped inside past him with a grin on your face.

Nero was plopped on the couch upside down, Noa lying beside him, Kazuki sitting on the lone seat with his legs on the coffee table and Raizo on his stomach on the floor- all of them playing Rock Band. Rika skipped in from the kitchen with Natsu in tow, who was eating a granola bar and absorbed in a book.

“I think [B.O.C] walked her home~” Rika giggled.

“N-Nu- uh!” you stuck your tongue out, blushing lightly.

“You’re cheeks deceive you!” Raizo paused the game, pointing a finger at you.

“So he did huh!? I knew it!” Rika gushed, tugging your arm,” Tell me EVERYTHING!”

“Oh, hell no! I’m not letting someone like HIM replace ME!” Noa protested.

Nero chuckled,” He’s right! I nominate myself to take [B.O.C]’s place after he mysteriously disappears tonight.”

“I’m helping!” Noa and Raizo chimed.

“Shut up! No killing anyone!” Fai scolded; they made a face before looking back to the PS3.

You rolled your eyes, turning to Fai,” Isn’t it past their bedtime?”

“It’s only 2AM!” Nero laughed,” We don’t sleep till 4 or 5. The only one who’s not doing something right now is Hiro. He passed out like 10 minutes ago.”

“I wouldn’t be talking if I were you though, [Nickname]-chan~” Natsu cooed heading up the stairs.

“He’s right [Nickname],” Kazuki called, un-pausing the game,” You’re gonna hear a mouthful from Kuro and Fai.”

“Precisely!” Fai smiled sweetly at you,” Your Kuro-sama is in the gym~ let’s go!” he pushed you through the downstairs hall and into the room north of the family room.

Sure enough, Kurogane was there lifting a few weights. Hanging upside down on the monkey bars was Dante, with Vergil doing chin ups beside him. Wasurete and Touya were exiting as you came in, both of them covered in sweat. Kurogane looked up when you and Fai came into the room, and shooed away the twins before closing the double doors.

“[Name]-chan, you do know what you did tonight-”

“Last night,” Fai corrected.

“Whatever,” Kurogane waved him off,” It was a little… Overdone.”

“I know,” you sighed and bowed,” Sorry, sir.”

They looked at each other in surprise. “[Nickname]-chan,” Fai smirked,” You think you’re in trouble?”

“I’m not?” you immediately snapped your head up to look at them,” But I thought I was gonna get yelled at…?”

“No, no,” Kurogane chuckled and shook his head.

“You answered her back! If anything, we’re proud of you for telling off that woman!” Fai grinned, patting your back.

“But, you did say a bit too much,” Kurogane sighed,” I was afraid that the fact you were a shinobi would slip out.”

“What’s wrong if it did? Yuffie is shinobi,” you shrugged.

“But, Yuffie is Wutian. Her ninja clan isn’t made of assassins like the ones on Earth,” Fai answered.

“Shinobi like us aren’t cool and stuff like they are on Earth [Name]. Here, we’re assassins-”