Chapter 70

For the rest of that day, Fai explained to you what the plans for Monday were. Evacuations were to take place at the park since the fields were the big enough for the airships to come and go. Everyone was to discreetly patrol the crowds of evacuees and pull out anyone who seemed out of place. Then again, it would be hard to examine every single person, which is why Snow brought some of his friends to help as well.

They were a group called NORA—Snow its founder and leader. Maqui and Yuj were already in it, and in addition to them were two other people. One was a raven haired girl named Lebreau, and the other a flame orange haired, muscular, and tanned teen named Gadot. They were both friendly to you despite everything, and were on airship duty.

When Monday did come around, you slept a bit later than the others. However, when you did wake up, you took a quick shower and got dressed in a plain white V-neck, black skinnies, and white high-tops— the ‘uniform’ everyone dressed in, in order to be easily spotted in case something went wrong. You slid on black fingerless gloves and tied your hair into a high ponytail. Then, you just stood there, looking at yourself in the mirror—the only thing running through your head was how you were going to tell Wasurete about your parents. There were numerous possibilities; however, you decided to put it off, remembering that your mother said not to tell him in haste. Until then, you would have to shield your thoughts from him.

You stomped down the stairs, bumping into your brother along the way. He had just showered, sporting the same outfit as you only with no shirt, holding an ice pack to his head with a pained expression. It made you giggle and he opened his eyes to glare at you from the side.

“What’s so funny?” he asked monotonously.

“I dunno~,” you sang, jumping at the last step. “Oh, and it’s SO not the fact that you were drunk, got in trouble with Kurogane and Fai, and totally made an idiot out of yourself by getting whacked like 5 times in the head,” you added sarcastically.

“Shut it will you?” he groaned. “I have a damn hangover, so I’m not exactly living my fantasy.”

“Can’t handle your booze,” Kurogane snorted, exiting the kitchen as the two of you entered.

Wasurete ignored him as he continued,” And for the record, Imouto, it was 3. Not to mention it’s your fault since I was worried for you.”

“Uh huh,” you rolled your eyes, sitting on a stool. ‘So, when are you gonna tell them you’re my brother?’

‘I don’t know,” he sighed, getting a soda from the fridge. ‘I honestly think that it’d be better if they figured it out. Kurogane and Fai have everything in front of them to do so; I just don’t understand why they haven’t yet.’

‘Guess we wait it out,” you laid your head on the countertop. ‘But I’m pretty sure you’re gonna have to say it.’

‘You’re not the only one.’

“Suteki~!” Hiro ran into the kitchen and jumped onto the stool beside you, hugging you hard. He hadn’t woken up the rest of the day yesterday, which made Kazuki worry and fidget uncontrollably. Balthier though, explained that if a child his age is stressed, he’s bound to sleep for even the most unusual of hours.

“Hey Hiro,” you smiled, hugging him back. “Did you miss me?”

“Yeah!” he nodded. “They all thought you were gonna die, Suteki! And, and, and, I told them that if nobody would save you I will!”

“Well, I’m fine,” you ruffled his hair. “If I ever need saving, I’ll call you. Sound good, Hiro?”

“Yes!” he grinned, making your laugh.