Chapter 3

You were waking in and out of consciousness. You didn't know what happened. All you knew was that you were dead. Zip, chop, gone, dead. But, you didn't know how painful it was. Was it even supposed to be?

Your body ached and you groaned, hearing an echo of your voice. Around you, you felt liquid warmth, and it was spilling at an alarming rate. Panicked, you tried to open your eyes, but a harsh light forced them shut again. You sighed and just lay there, trying to gather your strenght. Beneath you, you felt the cold hard concrete floor. Another try at opening your eyes, and you sat up in the same moment. A bit dizzy, you stood up and regained your composure.

You were in an unknown place. Above you, a street lamp was shining brightly, and you looked around to see that your body had been laying in the gutters of a street; your blood draining into the sewers. You began walking forward, fully aware that your weapon was latched onto you, and every step made your body scream in pain, as the ground quickly changed from concrete to soft green grass on your bare feet.

You soon came to a fountain that was surrounded by benches. You sat at the edge and untied your hair by taking the black silk band out. You dipped it into the cool water, and began to clean your cutts, burns, and bruises. The ones that you could not stop from bleeding, your covered with blades of grass and thicker chunks of the long band. When you finished, you sheathed your blade and stood, looking around more.

You came across a playground, and decided to sit on one of the swings, just pondering. How did you get here? This still couldn't be your world could it? It didn't feel the same. There were so many questions you wanted answered, so much pain you felt at once that dying seemed more reasonable than this.

Suddenly, your chest screamed in pain and you lurched forward to your knees off the swing. You clutched at it as memories flooded in flashes through you. The ground felt like it was shaking and sparks of green was all you can see in between the memories. Finally it stopped- leaving you dazed. You shook it off knowing that it could have just been the stress from all that has happened in the past few days.

Someone's footsteps interrupted your thoughts and you dashed to the nearest shadows. Two older teenage boys who looked to be eighteen walked to where you once were, looking around. They were both pretty tall and had blue eyes. One had brown hair that stopped at the nape of his neck, but the other had blonde hair that was neatly spiked.

"Cloud, where'd she go?," asked the brunette.

The blonde shrugged," I don't know Leon, maybe we're just seeing things.

"That's weird. We both saw it though. Besides she couldn't have gotten-- is that blood?," he said looking down at the sand.

The blonde crouched down examining the stain," Yeah..." Little did you know that it was a fading trail that led to where you were.

The boys followed the trail, and at each step, they came closer to you. You readied yourself and kept a hand on your katana blade behind you. You didn't want to kill anyone, but if it came to it...

You shifted positions, but made a crunching noise against a few leaves. You cursed by force of habit, making the blonde see you first. Before he got any words out, you quicly vanished in a scatter of cherry blossoms and appeared behind them in the same moment. Their eyes widened when seeing your body scarred and bloodied.

Unfortunately, the same pain from earlier came back again. This time it was stronger and your whole body jerked forward. More memories flashed as your vision was gone again.

-------------------------------

Zoom: A Bloody Girl

The two both rushed to your side, worried expressions on their faces. Cloud set a hand on your forehead, feeling for any signs of heat, but there were none.

"Cloud, we need to get her help. She's bleeding at a really fast rate," Leon said noticing the blood seep through your kimono. Cloud nodded and carried you in his arms while Leon took off his jacket and rested it on you so your cuts stayed hidden.

Leon kicked the door open to Cloud's house. A girl with long brown hair, and soft brown eyes smiled at Leon, but her face fell when seeing his expression.

"What took you two so long? It's alomst midnight," she asked, but jumped off the couch from the sight of you in Cloud's arms.

"We were coming back from Cid's when we found her. She panicked when she saw us than collapsed," Leon stated.

"Tifa, she needs to be bandaged up. Her blood won't stop and she looks burned too," Cloud said.

Tifa nodded and gestured him upstairs to the empty bedroom at the end of the hall. There, Cloud laid you down and took Leon's now bloody jacket off you.

"Leon, go call Aerith," Tifa ordered. The brunette nodded and left."Cloud, I need you to get the sword off her and make sure Roxas and Ven don't come up here."

He nodded and gently lifted you, pulling it away and took it when leaving the room. Moments later, a brunette with kind green eyes and a long braid came into the room with a concerned face. Tifa pulled her over and they both began working on you.