Hanamaru × male!Reader

→ dedicated to and requested by TheAbyssalEnigma

dedicated to and requested by TheAbyssalEnigma

thank you for requesting and voting!!
This one’s written for you :D

→ yas. my precious cinnamon roll.

→ my mum is allergic to cinnamon whoops.

→ forbidden love :’)

edited.|

|Promise|

  “HANAMARU-CHAN, I’m going to be at the magazine section with Onee-chan. Is it okay if I leave you here?” Ruby asked politely, casting a glance at her best friend.

  “Sure! I’ll just continue reading here.” The caramel-haired girl smiled, her shimmering golden eyes staring affectionately back at the redhead.

  Ruby smiled in response and skipped away to her sister’s side, talking to her happily. Hanamaru stared at Ruby’s back until the pair disappeared behind rows of shelves, then went back to reading her book faithfully.

  In about half an hour, the book enthusiast had finished the entire novel and decided to put it back on the shelves. The problem was, she had taken the book from a cart where it had caught her eye, and now she had to put it back onto the shelves since the cart had disappeared.

  Hanamaru sighed as she searched the length of the bookshelves and started following the numerical order. Finally, she found the right shelf to place the book on. Another thing was, the shelf was too high up for her.

  She tried standing on her tippytoes to slot the book back into its space, but that failed. She tried grabbing a chair, but failed again. Finally, with all her might, she jumped and attempted to throw the book into the shelf. That failed too.

  Panting, she leaned against the wall for support, exhausted by her efforts.

  “Do you need help, miss?” Hanamaru looked up, and staring back at her, was a pair of (e/c) eyes gazing at her kindly.

  Startled, she pushed herself up suddenly and her forehead connected with whoever was in front of her, causing both of them to fall.

-----

  You groaned and opened your eyes, and lying on top of your chest, was the extremely cute girl you had observed attempting to place a book back in its proper place.

  She had not given up, even when she knew that she was much shorter than the shelf, and had tried all kinds of methods to get the book back there.

  You had stood by watching her quietly, taking note of the silent determination she had in her eyes.

  Finally, you had decided to help her when you saw her final attempt, and had even chuckled at how cute she was.