neko!secretagent!killer!Mari × dog!thief!target!Reader

→ requested by and dedicated to Asalie19, Shirei01 and Kistune123

please enjoy 😁

→ happy birthday, mari-sama!

edited.|

|Knight in Shining Armour|

  ❝ LOOK who we have here,” she spoke, holding something up for her to see.

  The blonde turned around, facing the dark blue-haired girl who was being up a picture.

  “Hmm?” The blonde reached forward, and took the picture from her hands.

  “This is (L/N) (Y/N), and you’re to arrest her as she is involved in serious government breaches. However,” the taller girl’s tone hardened, “If she is to struggle, you have been ordered to eliminate her without hesitation.”

  The blonde’s cat ears pricked, and she narrowed her yellow eyes, nodding solemnly.  She rubbed her thumb across the picture of (Y/N), and sighed, before pocketing it.

  Too bad; she is actually pretty good looking.

  “Good luck, Mari.” Her partner said, regarding the blonde with solemnity.

  “I’ve got it covered, Kanan.” She closed the door softly behind her, her tail flicking in her wake.

-----

  You breathed in the heavy air of the city, and your ears twitched slightly. You were not used to this sort of urban environment, having been from the countryside, but you could get used to this life. Besides, you were not going to remain here for long.

  Okay, time to go. You dropped to the ground on all fours, horrible scents passing through your nostrils, causing you to wrinkle your nose. Geez, it stinks.

  The sound of sewer water trickling through the pipes filled your ears as you edged along the dark, grimy tunnel.

  Is this it? You stopped at a tunnel that branched off the one you were in, and sniffed. Well, it definitely has the scent I'm looking for.

  Coffee. And lemons.

  Hmmm... You made your way further down the tunnel, stopping every once in a while to check the grates that led to the separate rooms.