Maki × child!Reader

→ dedicated to and requested by tsunderish_Act

dedicated to and requested by tsunderish_Act

thanks for requesting! this is for you :)

edited.|

|Babysitting|

  MAKI groaned as her alarm clock started ringing, bringing her back from a perfectly good dream about nothing, as comforting as it sounds.

  And to add on to that, today was the first day of her new part time job: babysitting.

  She got out of bed, and after brushing up, proceeded to grab a few tomato sandwiches she had prepared and placed in the fridge the night before and left the house.

-----

  “Ah, Nishikino-san,” The older woman greeted casually, and set a toddler girl a little over the height of Maki’s knee down. “This is (Y/N)-chan, and you’ll be taking care of her for the rest of the day.”

  (Y/N) giggled once she caught sight of the redhead as her mother continued explaining to the redhead about where certain things were and et cetera.

  Maki smiled at how cute she was; the way your (e/c) eyes sparkled with plain curiosity and innocence.

  I wish I could be a child again. She thought to herself, watching you frisk around your mother happily.

  “(Y/N), please greet Nishikino-san,” The woman scolded in a gentle tone.

  “It’s nice to meet you, Nishikino-san!” You left your mother’s side and rushed to Maki, throwing your little arms around her neck.

  “Wha–?!” The redhead gasped, completely unprepared for the sudden skin contact, and blushed faintly.

  “Oka-san, Nishikino-san smells so nice! Like she just took a bath.” You smiled from ear to ear, rushing back to your mother excitedly, which made the blush worsen on Maki’s cheeks.

  Your mother smiled back at you and kissed you on the forehead. “She does, doesn’t she? Don’t cause too much trouble for Nishikino-san, alright? You wouldn’t want the nice-smelling sweet lady to leave after today, would you?”

  You nodded obediently and waved goodbye to your mother as she left for work.

-----

  The problem was, Maki had no idea how to take care of a child; Zilch. Zero.

  She stared at your short stature and was tempted to just leave you reading a book about rainbows to yourself while she did some dishes or something.