neko!secretagent!killer!Mari × dog!thief!target!Reader [part 2]

edited

edited.|

|Find You Again|

  THE blonde watched the beaten car leave, tears in her yellow eyes. “Papa...why does (Y/N)-chan need to leave?”

  Her father looked down at his little girl, an expression of contempt on his features.  I’m afraid that she has to be somewhere else. You’ll never be seeing her again.

  “But she promised me that she’ll find me when she comes back.” Mari sniffed, trying to wipe away the last of her tears.

  “Well...it’s false.” He responded coldly. “Both of you won’t see each other again.”

  “Papa...” Mari wept, feeling her hopes getting crushed once more.

  “Enough!” He yelled. “Go inside and eat your dinner!”

  The blonde, shocked, raced back into the house, tears trailing behind her, and her father turned back to face the barren road, his yellow eyes following the outline of the retreating car. I’m sorry, Mari, but this is for the best. The two of you cannot be together.

  He hated himself for making his beloved only daughter cry, but he told himself that she would be happy without (Y/N) beside her.

  He was enough to ensure her happiness and her protection.

-----

  In the middle of your small makeout session, she started shaking, and you felt tears falling onto your face, causing you to open your eyes.

  You gently broke the kiss. “Mari...”

  She sat up and wiped her tears away, giving you space to sit by her side and wrap her in a comfort hug. “I’m so–sorry, (Y/N)...”

  “It’s okay,” you consoled. “I understand what you need to do. I mean, I did steal from the government. There’s no denying that.”

  “But–” she protested.

  You shushed her and you removed the hand cuffs that were dangling off her belt, handing it over to her. “I really do understand. You’re just doing your job, right?”

  She looked up at you, tears still swimming in her eyes, and she jumped up to hug you tightly.

  “But...even if I hand you over to the authorities, they’ll eventually sentence you to death either way.” She whispered into your neck, willing herself to stop crying.