Eli × friendly!depressed!grimreaper!Reader

Dedicated to and requested by Pyro_Illusionz

Thank you all for participating as usual!

Happy birthday to our dear student council president! We love you as much as Dia does :3

Here’s our little gift to you :)

Harasho~

|It Just Isn’t Fair|

How is this possible? How am I still living? It’s as if I was dead.

I can’t let that repeat again. Ever.

This time, I’ll do it right.

You drifted slowly between the crowds of people, aware of their breathing and the loud throbbing sounds of their heartbeats.

“I heard that Otonokizaka...” You paused as you heard a girl whisper to her friend.

Gliding backwards, you stopped to listen.

“Someone has been kidnapping the students.” The young girl continued, giving her friend a share of the caramel apple she was eating. “They have gone missing and no one can find them.”

Eagerly, you listened closer.

In your previous life, you had been a sinner --- one so bad that God had decided to keep you on Earth after your execution until you had taken other sinners’ lives in exchange for your own back. This was the last one that you had to collect to repay your debt. But, the entire process was more complicated than that.

You also had something to protect.

I guess it’s been 154 years since then. You thought fleetingly, feeling your (h/c) hair flow gently in the air. Geez, I don’t know anymore.

Slowly, you left their side, deep in your thoughts.

Guess I should find out who that teacher is. You wandered to a nearby coffee shop and sat down at an empty table, calmly watching people chat and confabulate in their social groups.

You let out a loud sigh, but no one turned to give you a weird look or even glance your way. And that was the price you had to pay for being a grim reaper --- you were completely disregarded and unseen by everyone else in society.

What’s this feeling? Loneliness? It can’t be. It has been like this for the longest time ever. You supported your chin with your (preferred side) palm and gazed out the window, watching faint snow drift down from the starry sky.

You were looking at a sky like this the night before your execution, you remembered. Before the world had ended in your sight.

“(Y/N)...I...love...you-”

“Excuse me, do you know where Otonokizaka Academy is?” A cool voice asked, causing you to turn around.

“I’m a little lost.” She continued, her baby blue eyes meeting yours and her breath raggged from panting.“And my school is having a Halloween party, but I got lost while trying to find it in this snowy weather.”

I’ve been waiting for you.

You smiled invitingly down at her, being taller than the familiar blonde beauty in front of you now. “In fact, I’m looking for that school too.”