Kanan × jealous!Mari [part 2]

→ dedicated to and requested by huskielover789

dedicated to and requested by huskielover789

please enjoy!

edited.|

|Poker Face|

  HOBBLING about, the blonde frowned and leaned forward, putting her weight on the table. She supported her body with the mop she was holding in an attempt to regain control of her breathing, feeling frustration well up inside of her, bubbling and simmering.

  “Mari? Are you okay? You can rest if you need to; you still have that twisted ankle.” Kanan asked concernedly, leaning her mop against the wall and making her way to the blonde.

  Slowly, Mari raised a hand up to prevent her advancement, but the blue-haired girl ignored it and stared at her with worried purple eyes.

  “I’m okay, Kanan. I can do this.” She raised her mop determinedly and proceeded to clean the back of the diving shop.

  Kanan, unconvinced, reaching for the mop behind her and followed the blonde. Together, they cleaned the place in silence.

  While she was working, Mari kept clenching her teeth in an effort to stop herself from groaning in pain from the stings that were shooting up her leg.

  Kanan noticed this and sighed. She set her mop down again and moved to Mari’s side, who looked up from her work, trying and failing to disguise her agony.

  “You’re really not okay, are you?” The blue-haired girl’s eyes were quietly serious, and Mari felt slightly uncomfortable under that stern gaze.

  She kept silent.

  “I once heard from someone that when girls say they’re okay, they’re actually not.” Kanan slipped her hand under Mari’s chin and tilted her head upwards with her fingers, staring into the blonde’s yellow eyes, which were illuminated by the evening light.

  Mari blushed furiously under Kanan's intense stare, and shyly looked away.

  “But I’m really fine,” she protested, and Kanan shook her head slowly, took Mari by the hand and pulled her to the nearest table which she frequently sat at to daydream.

  The taller girl made Mari sit down on the chair, frowning discreetly when she bent down to inspect the blonde’s ankle.

  The area around it had turned a nasty blue-black, with spots of yellow dotting across it.

  “Look at it now,” Kanan sighed and rose, heading to the back of the shop once more. “Wait here.”