16. Winning back

It's been a week and I have a total of twenty missed calls from Viper. After the whole Kat thing I think it's best if I just lose all contact with both of them.

I don't want to put Cameron through that again. As much as I don't like him most of the time, I don't want him to bail me out and pick me up from a police station again.

Since I've said my "feelings" in front of him he's been really nice. Something you don't expect someone to be after they bail you out of jail.

My phone starts ringing again and I wanted to throw it. One call won't hurt. I'll tell him I'm done and give him good luck.

"Hello." I say to answer the phone.

"Rae, I'm so sorry about Kat. She gets a little jealous sometimes." He apologizes.

A little? Sometimes?

"Listen Viper, I can't do this anymore." I tell him kind of scared of what he'll say.

"No, no, no. Just a couple more deals. You're one of our best." He says and I roll my eyes.

"After what happened I can't." I say and start playing with my nails.

"I promise Kat won't be involved at all. If you see her there at anytime, you can leave. Come on Rae, only a couple more." He basically begs me to stay.

Technically the only reason I got arrested was cause of Kat. If she isn't involved then it'll be more safe. A couple more isn't a lot.

"A couple more, that's it." I say with a small smile.

"Thank you so much. Can you do one this afternoon?" He asks.

Cameron said he's going out with Sofia today. I could ask to go over to Mercy's.

"Yeah that'll be fine." I tell him with a little excitement. Why am I excited. I'm so messed up.

"Thanks Rae and I swear, only a couple." He tells me before hanging up.

Why did I agree? Why do I like it that much? Maybe there really is something wrong with me.

----

After my deal Grayson asked me to come over to his. Right when I knock Ethan opens it.

Oh god, not this again.

"Do you just like to stalk me?" He asks me. Ever since that whole me kind of admitting to liking him thing I haven't even thought about seeing him again in person. So I froze.

"Hmm, no mean comment? No yelling at me to get over you?" He asks while laughing making me feel pathetic.

Why can't I make a remark? Why can't I say anything? What is wrong with me?

"Uhhh." I just drag on making his laughing stop. Great, I look like an idiot.

"You okay? You look like you've seen a ghost." He chuckles slightly and I just shake my head.

"I just really have to pee!" I yell the first thing that comes to my head. I move past him and head straight to there bathroom.

Smooth Rae, real smooth

I lock myself in there and put water on my face. What just happened? Why was I freaking frozen? Why did I say I have to pee?

I get out and head towards Grayson's room. Ethan was no longer in the apartment from what I could see of. He was obviously on his way out. That'll make it easier for me since I guess I can't even be around him without being paralyzed.