44. Parents

*Fives years later*

"Aston! It's time for your nap!" I yell at my three year who is now running away from me. He never listens to me.

"Daddy!" He screams and runs to Ethan. He always goes to Ethan over me.

"Hey bud!" Ethan smiles and picks him up. He gives him a kiss on his head and I roll my eyes.

As much as I love how amazing of a dad Ethan is, he always lets Ashton do what he wants so I look like the mean parent. I'm just trying to get him to sleep so I can sleep.

"Ethan you know it's time for his nap." I groan and walk over to them.

"I don't want to! Please don't make me!" Ashton yells and clings onto Ethan. This kid is a bigger drama queen than Ethan.

"You have to be good since it's almost Christmas. You wants lots of gifts from Santa, right?" Ethan asks him and Ashton slowly nods. Ethan hands him to me and I carry him to his room.

Ethan made sure he had the best room a little boy could dream of. Even though he's barely ever in here since he likes to mess up every room in the house.

I lay him down in his bed and grab his favorite book that he makes me read him every night. Cat in the hat was a classic so I couldn't be mad.

"Look at me!
Look at me!
Look at me NOW!
It is fun to have fun
But you have to know how." I read and look over to see that he's already asleep.

I put the book back and pull the covers over him. He looks so much like Ethan it's crazy. The only thing that made him look like me was his eyes.

"How did I get so lucky?" I hear Ethan ask. I turn and see him standing in the doorway.

"We weren't saying that when I was nineteen and pregnant." I laugh remembering how we thought it was then end of the world.

"It turned out amazing though." He smiles and I do too. He walks over to me and wrap his arms around me.

"It almost makes me want another one." He whispers and I shake my head. Ashton is the hardest and the best thing in my life.

I walk out of the room and Ethan follows. I didn't want to wake Ashton up. He is the hardest kid to put down. Once he wakes up he's not going back to sleep till eight.

"Ethan I really don't want another kid. I mean I finally finished college and you and Grayson are already planning another tour. You not being here to help with Ashton is going to be hard enough and then adding a baby on top of that. It raises my blood pressure just thinking about it." I explain basically freaking out at how he could think that would even work.

"I know, I'm sorry. I just get in the moment sometimes." He sighs and I feel bad for turning it down so quickly.

He helped with Ashton so much, he still does. He's mostly home since I go to work all day. It's like he was meant to be a dad and I know he wants another.

"We'll talk about it when you get back from tour. Right now let's focus on getting through the holidays and the wedding." I say and he nods.

Grayson proposed to Eden a couple months back. He did it in front of everyone on Fourth of July. She wants to get married during the winter which is great except there's so many big holidays.

She made me her maid of honor and in the moment I was excited. Now I'm pulling my hair out. I want everything to be perfect for them, even Eden is stressed right now!

I hear a knock at the door and Ethan gets it. It was probably Grayson and Eden considering they live right across the street from us.

"Rae!" I hear Eden scream. I put a finger over my mouth to indicate that Ashton is sleeping.