45. The Dress

I rode with Eden on the way to find her wedding dress. Her mother and some other friends of hers were meeting us there. Even Grayson's sister Cameron was going.

"You've been checking your phone every second this whole ride. Is everything okay?" Eden asks me and I didn't realize I was acting that worried.

"Ashton woke up with a fever and Ethan's mom is watching him so I just want to make sure he's okay. I'm also trying to make him a doctor's appointment." I sigh waiting for the doctors office to call me back.

"Aw poor thing. I'm sure he'll be okay." She smiles and it did make me feel a little better.

Eden was surrounded in this bubble of happiness and if you were near her you automatically felt happy. It's like a superpower or something.

"Yeah, it's just now he's going to get even less sleep than usual." I tell her and her eyes widen. Everyone knows that the kid barely gets any sleep now.

"Grayson and I are actually thinking about joining the parenthood life." She smiles and I gasp.

"Really!" I yell. I'm finally not going to be the only one who looks tired and miserable all the time.

"Well we want to conceive on our honeymoon. Hopefully come back with a kid." She laughs and I was happy for her. She'll be a way better mom than me, that's for sure.

We pull into the parking lot of the dress shop. We walk in and I make sure not to slip on the ice. I haven't really gotten used to this whole snow thing. It didn't snow much in Portland and then I lived in California for awhile.

We walk in and all her other friends and family were sitting on the couch. Cameron waves to me and I smile back. She was the only one who I knew here.

"Hi my name is Mikaila, I'll be helping you find your dress today." This lady who seemed extremely happy says.

"I'm Eden, thank you so much. My wedding is in a month and I still haven't found the dress." I could tell Eden was afraid of not finding one.

I've been with her to three dress appointments so far. We don't have much time and if she doesn't pick one today she'll be walking down the isle in her prom dress.

"Let's get you back here." She says and walks her to a whole room of wedding dresses. Eden's eyes lit up like a kid in a candy factory.

They say you know when it's the dress. That you get this certain feeling, at least that's what Eden tells me. I hope it's true and not just an excuse to not pick a dress.

I look for things I could see Eden in. She definitely wants a ball gown and to look like a princess. I pick out two and hand them to Mikaila.

"You guys go out there and she'll be out with one of them on." Mikaila tells us and I go to walk back there when Eden grabs my hand.

"Come in the room with me, please." She begs and I just smile. We've definitely have grown closer over the years and even closer during this wedding.

Mikaila hangs all the wedding dresses on a wrack besides one. She takes it out of the plastic protector and Eden gets undressed.

"Doesn't this place just make you want to get married?" Eden smiles as she puts on this huge ball gown that was bedazzled all on the top.

"I can't imagine anything making me want to get married." I laugh thinking of the idea.

Ethan and I never even talked about getting married. Ever since we had Ashton it's always been about him. We're basically married just without a piece of paper that says so.