20. Morning feels

I feel the sun coming through the window and blinding my now open eyes. I sit up and see that I'm not in my room.

Where am I? What happened last night? All I can remember is going to a party and dancing. I look under the covers and see I only have underwear and a shirt on. I hear the door open and I look up.

Ethan.

What is he doing here? Is this his room? I've never been in his room before. Why am I at their house?

"You should take this." He says handing me a pill and a glass of water.

I knew this pill far too well. It was the morning after pill. Why was he giving me it? Did I have sex with him again?

"Did we?" I ask not taking the pill yet.

"No." He answers and stands there waiting for me to take it. Why do I need to take it if we didn't have sex?

"Then why is this necessary?" I ask holding up the pill. His mouth opens a little in shock and he sits down next to me on the bed.

What happened last night? Who did I have sex with? Oh my god! What if I did it with Grayson! I can't remember anything!

"You don't remember last night?" He asks and I shake my head. Why is he acting like what happened was so bad? I hook up with people all the time.

"Rae, you had sex with Viper." He tells me and I instantly get a flashback of Viper kissing my neck. I shudder at it wanting it to go away.

I had sex with Viper! Why? How horny could I have been to have sex with someone like twice my age?

"But you didn't want to. He forced himself on you Rae." He finishes without even looking at me.

It all came back at once. The me begging him to stop, the crying, and then calling Grayson to come help. I instantly put the pill in my mouth and chug the glass of water.

"You saved me." I say remembering him wrapping me up with a blanket and comforting me.

"No one deserved what you went through and I can't stand knowing he touched you without your permission." He gets angrier as he goes on.

I look at his face and see that he had a busted lip and a scar on the side of his eye. What did he do. I put my hand on it rubbing my thumb against the scar.

"It's nothing really. I've done worse falling on a trampoline." He chuckles but I wasn't ready to laugh about this.

"Viper did this?" I ask and slowly move my hand down to his busted lip.

"I came at him first technically. I felt the need to protect you." He answers and I instantly move my hand away.

I don't like other people protecting me. I can handle myself. I put myself in danger and then put Ethan in it to.

"Don't do that." He sighs while grabbing my hands. Why don't I hate that he's touching me?

"Do what?"

"Don't pull away from me. You don't have to be afraid to show affection." He says and puts my hands back on his face.

I can't do this. Not cause I'm still angry at him, but cause I'm bad for him. He needs a stable girl, not one who's fucked.