42. Meet the Dolans

"Your parents and your sister!" I yell freaking out. Ethan just told me that he wants me to meet his family tonight. I've never had to meet the parents before.

"Grayson and Eden will be there too. This is special to me. My mom is really important to me and you are really important to me." He explains and I couldn't say no to him. He did come meet my mom at a rehab center, the least I could do is go to dinner.

"Okay I'll go. I have to get ready." I sigh and go in my bathroom to turn on my shower.

"Babe dinner is at eight, it's only four thirty." He chuckles but I wasn't in the mood for laughing. I need to look perfect for his parents.

"Do you see how much hair I have? I don't even know what I'm wearing or what I'm doing with makeup. Also heels or flats? Never mind I'll ask Eden." I ramble on as I pace back and forth across the room.

"Okay, I'll pick you up and seven thirty and I'll send Eden over to read you the Bible or something cause you look possessed." He laughs and gives me a quick kiss before leaving.

I jump in the shower and make sure to shave everything. I feel like my head is spinning. I wash my hair probably three times to make sure it smells good.

I get out and wash my face. I brush through my hair and blow dry it straight. I go over it with a straightener. Maybe I should of kept my natural hair, isn't natural better?

I didn't have time to wash my hair again and dry my natural curls. I still don't even know what I'm wearing. I can't look like a slut, but I also can't look like I tried too hard.

I've never cared about someone's opinion this much. Why is just the thought of his parents make me sweat? I definitely need to bring deodorant with me.

I hear a knock on my door and then hear Oliver attempt to bark. He hasn't really gotten the hang of it yet and it comes out as more of a whimper.

Is Ethan here already? I'm not even dressed yet! I run downstairs and open to see Eden and I sigh in relief.

"Ethan said you need a girl right now." She smiles and I let her in. She pets Oliver and we go upstairs.

"Did you happen to bring one of your church outfits? Maybe a Bible I could carry around or something?" I ask as I sit back down at my vanity. I start to do my makeup and make sure to cover all my imperfections.

"Rae you are beautiful inside and out, you don't need those things to make their parents like you." She gives me her usual pep talks.

"I need you to teach me to be like you in two hours." I demand now looking at her. She looks a little frightened at how crazy I sound.

"I'll help pick out your outfit." She smiles sweetly and goes to my closet. I finish my makeup making sure that it didn't look like too much.

I put on the outfit she picked out for me. It was a maroon shirt with light jeans and a tan cardigan. She hands me a pair of shoes she brought for me. They're tan boots that had a small heel. I look nice but not like I'm going to a red carpet, perfect.

"The boys should be here soon." Eden says as she puts on her white heels. She was wearing a pink dress, thank god she didn't make me wear that.

I hear the doorbell ring and we make our way down stairs. I unlock the door to reveal Grayson and Ethan standing there looking really nice.