31. Nothing like you

"We'll be landing in Portland shortly so please fasten your seatbelt and thank you for flying with us." I hear through the intercom. I barely got any sleep on this stupid flight.

The whole time I was thinking of what Ethan yelled to me. I swear he said the L word, but I doubt it. Why would he say it now?

The plane lands and I find myself playing with the necklace Ethan gave me. I'm not one to wear jewelry, but I can make an exception for this.

I wait for everyone to get off. I am in no rush to see my mother. I can only imagine what Sierra has told her. She probably even told her about Ethan and now my mom hates him. I'm already dreading the ride home and it hasn't even happened yet.

I get off the plane and see my mom standing their on the phone. She sees me and she moves her hand telling me to hurry up.

Glad she's happy to see me.

I walk over to her and we start walking downstairs. She was arguing with her business in the phone.

"I told you to put it on my desk and I'll read it Monday. Do not call anyone about it." She demands obviously aggravated with the person on the other line.

I grab my bags and she just keeps walking to the car. Thanks for the help, I just have like five bags.

I sigh and put them in her car and get in. She was off the phone now and started driving.

"I can't believe you Raeanna. The things Sierra told me has me contemplating if you need to go military school." She starts and I roll my eyes. She's threatened military school my whole life. She doesn't have the balls to send me away to there.

"I'd rather go to juvie." I mumble and she glares at me.

"You have no say anymore! I send you to your brothers and you start selling drugs! You even caused a girl to die!" She screams and I instantly feel anger in me.

She didn't even know Mercy! Either did Sierra! They have no right to talk about her!

"Don't talk about something you don't understand!" I yell not even caring that she's my mom.

"No I understand perfectly! You are the most disobeying kid I have ever seen! You can forget about that boy of yours too! He obviously doesn't care about you to let you do that stuff." She goes on and I could feel myself getting protective over Ethan.

"You are literally so fucking stupid! Honestly I don't even believe I'm related to you! Ethan is the reason I stopped and makes me want to be better. You make me want to shoot myself and I don't see how that's good."  I yell and I could feel a snack across my face.

She just hit me. It wouldn't be the first time, but it doesn't happen often. She usually just shuts up and walks away.

"You listen here Raeanna Rosalinda! You are in no position to tell me how stupid I am considering you're the one who got arrested!" She screams at me and I stay silent. I see a text from Ethan on my phone.

Hope everything is going okay so far. Call me when you can.

I wish I could tell him everything was great, but it's not. I have to deal with my evil step mother who happens to be my actual mother. I still can't believe that's the vagina I came out of.