24. Funerals

"Are you sure you're okay with me not going?" Cameron asks as I stand in the mirror and look at myself.

"Yeah, I have other friends I'm going with. It's not your fault you have a business meeting scheduled the same day as the funeral." I tell him while I fix my hair. I decided to leave it curly and I already want to put a hat on.

"It's just you've never been to a funeral before. I want you to be comfortable." He rambles on as he runs a hand through his hair obviously frustrated.

"I saw her die I think I can handle a memorial." I say and walk to the closet and put on shoes.

"Okay and be safe please be safe." He says and I nod. He walks out of the room and I hear him leave.

I put on black heels to match the black dress. That's what people wear to funerals, right?

I can't believe I'm going to a funeral. Mercy's funeral. It makes all of it more real.

I look at the time. Ethan's a couple minutes late. Why am I worried? He's going to show up.

"Rae! That boy is back again!" Randy yells and I couldn't help but laugh a little.

"You can let him in!" I yell back at him. He has some sort of problem with Ethan or something.

I go back to the mirror and try to make the dress less puffy. It didn't work.

"You look great." Ethan says as he walks in. I could see him smile through the mirror.

"The dress is bigger than me." I laugh a little and turn around. Only to wish I didn't turn around.

If he thought I looked great he should look in a mirror. Now I understand the whole 'guys in suits' thing.

"You look nice." I say basically drooling right in front of him. Smooth Rae.

"I got to look nice when the lady with me has an ugly cry face." He chuckles and I instantly frown.

"You just ruined the whole point in inviting you to go with me!" I yell laughing. He does make me laugh when we don't hate each other.

"I might as well just find a new date." He throws his hands in the air being over dramatic.

I liked when he used the word date. It gave me butterflies.

"You do look really nice. It'd be a shame if we went alone cause you know that I always look good." I say and he laughs at my attempt of a compliment.

"Alright! Come here!" He exclaims and takes me by the hand.

We walk out still holding hands. I could feel my hand getting sweaty. Why hasn't he let go, my hand is like a fountain right now.

I watch as Randy eyes him. I smile at him letting him know that Ethan is okay. He just shakes his head.

I get in the car expecting Gray to be in the back. I guess he took his own car.

"Is he always at your house?" Ethan asks making me look at Randy.

"Until they find that bastard." I sigh and Ethan starts the car knowing I don't want to talk about it anymore.