28. The message

"I wanna do something today." I whine while sitting next to Ethan. We were in his bed watching one of his favorite shows.

"Like what?" He asks now sitting up with me. I swung my legs back and forth on the edge of the bed.

"I don't know! Isn't coming up with date ideas your job?" I roll my eyes. I was dying of boredom and wanted to do something different from just watching movies all day.

"I'll think of something when you drop your attitude." He chuckles and turns his back towards me.

It's not my fault I was born with attitude! Maybe I was being a little bit dramatic. I sigh and crawl across the bed towards him.

"I'm sorry for having an attitude." I apologize while wrapping my arms around his neck. He smiles at me and kisses my cheek.

"Good, because I have the perfect idea!" He exclaims as he gets out of bed and walks towards his closet.

"What is it?" I ask and he pops his head out giving me a wink.

Why does he always have to mess with me? He can never just answer a question, can he?

"Is it sex?" I ask smiling and he just shakes his head. We've only had sex once and I barely remember it.

"No, is that all you think about?" He asks while finding a shirt to put on.

"Is it bad to think about having sex with my boyfriend?" I ask while squinting my eyes at him.

"I swear, you act like a guy in this relationship more than me." He laughs finally finding a shirt and puts it on.

Sometimes I question Ethan's fashion. He definitely has many looks. They all just look like they took five seconds to put together though.

"So we're not having sex?" I ask to clarify as he puts on shoes.

"Why would I be putting on clothes if my idea was to just have sex?" He asks rhetorically with a small laugh.

"You could be into role playing or something, I don't know!" I yell and he pushes me slightly making me fall onto the bed.

"I think you would be the one into that." He laughs as he walks out of the room. I quickly get up and follow.

Why would I be into that? Yeah I have sex, but I don't get tied up and shit. You don't see me carrying around handcuffs for the hell of it.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask as he grabs his keys off the counter.

"You seem like a freak." He says in a "duh" voice. How is he saying this so simply?

"Just cause I like sex doesn't mean I have weird kinks." I defend and he turns around while raising an eyebrow.

"Can we just go?" I ask with a sigh making him laugh. We walk out of his apartment and into the elevator.

I hear the elevator make a weird sound and I flinch. I am not getting stuck in this death machine! Ethan puts his hand in mine to comfort me.

We walk out to his truck and he opens the door for me. I've never noticed how high up his truck was from the ground.

He gets in and hands me the aux cord to play my music. We have the same taste in music mostly.

Knowing no matter how much I beg for him to tell me where we are going, I know he won't. So I just lay back in my seat and relax.

It felt like we drove for hours almost. We left before sunset and it was already dark out. He pulls into this big lot that lots of cars were in.

"What is this?" I ask and he points forward. I see this big screen playing a movie.