Chapter 2: Muffled Cries

Mingxia Jie had woken up to the sounds of muffled cries and the faint bitter fragrance of medicinal herbs. She was alive! But how? She had fallen off the cliff and then everything turned black. But here she was breathing. As she began scheming, a splitting headache tore through her thoughts and multiple memories which were not her's flooded her mind. When she opened her eyes, she sat up and saw a girl that she did not know. The girl smiled at her and cocked her head to one side as bright black eyes stared at her curiously before fading away into bright light. Mingxia Jie cursed herself for being to hopeful;however, she was satisfied with the fact she was still in the same era as Master Yu. It turns out that the girl she saw was the miss she had reincarnated into.

The original owner of had the same name as her;but the opposite personality. The original owner was deemed useless with her weak cultivation. Being bullied from her family and everyone else; made her personality timid and obedient. Both her mother and father had died in an attack on the capital, leaving the oldest miss of Generals household in the care of her Uncle. After skimming through her newly aquiered memories she thought about the Blood Soul Jade. Looking down at her wrist she had come to see that the jade no longer was there, but instead was a bright red tattoo with intricate details exactly like that of the bracelet. It looked as though that the jade had sunk into her skin and had become a part of her. Sighing to herself Mingxia Jie was unable to think of a reasonable answer to the anomaly in front of her.  

While consumed by looking at the bracelet, a shriek came from the door followed by the dropping of porcelain. Mingxia Jie's 

eyes widened slightly at the unexpected visitor as she looked at the girl in front her that had streams of tears running down her face and clouding her vision.The girl with red puffy eyes was indeed one of her two personal maids given to her by her mother named Lifen'er.

-"M..Mi...Miss...you're...a..alive?..Miss! Lan'er and I thought you died.."

Mingxia Jie thought to herself 'well your miss has certainly died'.

But such thoughts are better yet not spoken aloud for various reasons that Mingxia Jie thought would most definitely be a hassle to later answer. Mingxia Jie hadn't expected the maid 

to run up to her and hug her waist. Mingxia Jie's body immediately tensed before relaxing as she thought to herself. 'This is another chance. You can accept the people around you, they are loyal.'

A/N: Lifen means clever and fragrant like a flower; while Lan means orchid 

Mingxia Jie still had to take care of this newly acquired body so she asked Lifen with a slightly hoarse voice:

-"Do we have any medication that can be used to treat me?"

-"Yes Miss; first madam prepared them for your dowry. Shall I bring it?"

-"Yes Lifen'er"

While Lifen scrambled out of the room, Mingxia Jie looked at the memories of her dead mother.A weak smile fell on her lips as Mingxia Jie never knew her real mother was in her past life, but yet this poor child had already lost her own.

She noticed the tattered red dress in the corner and looked perplexed at the gown. She had no immediate recollection as to why she had this.

Looking at her bedside she saw the thick bright red scroll that sat there and reached for it and opened it. Her eyes widened slightly, and her jaw fell slightly open. 'You got be fucking kidding me?'.   The imperial decree read that she would wed the 2nd prince Kangxi di Chen, who controlled 65% of the military of Eastern Zhousan. Witha dry mouth she recalled what she remembered about this man, and she unconsciouslyshivered at what she saw. He was a fearless man who ruled over the majority of thearmy, he was ruthless and strict with his people. He is a genius at war andunfeeling towards his enemies as he cut them down without an issue. The peopleonly knew him as a war hero, but none had ever seen his face. Some said he wasscarred beyond recognition, others said that he had an ungodly face that waschiseled by the gods themselves. However; something did bring a smile to herlips. The big rumour if her future husband to be was a cut-sleeve. Such aterrifying man and was suspected to have an attraction to men. It wasparadoxical in her belief.