Chapter 19: Odd Request

The maids enter her room and wake her up telling her she has things to do. She immediately throws them out and sleeps all throughout the morning. When she wakes up, it's already time to eat lunch. She gets up and bathes and listens to the quietness of the bath. When she decides to get out, she begins to hear the sound of a bamboo flute.

As she gets dressed she decides to go out and the bamboo flute had momentarily stopped playing. As she walks around she gets a bit bored and goes to sit under her favorite magnolia tree, to sleep. After she sits down in the shade the quiet breeze she relaxes and she drifts off to sleep. As she dreams, she remembers those she fought with from her past life. How she had met them and the moments leading up to her death.

_______________________________________________________

Flashback:

"Master Jie, what are you doing?"

"Looking."

"At what?"

"This."

A man walked jumps to the edge of the cliff and stared out onto the horizon, the landscape was one of the most gorgeous he had ever seen. Ever since he had become Master Jie's disciple he would get to explore every inch of Western Zhousan. He never once regretted it, as he looked at his Master smiling he asked:

-"We should be heading back to meet up with the other squad."

-"No need. Those idiots can handle themselves."

-"Who are you calling idiots."

-"Ah, Master Yang. Your squad can handle the kill assignment, isn't why we are here."

-"Master Jie you know this is training for the disciples."

-"I do. Your squad of 11 can handle them; my disciple needs not to worry about that. He is very capable."

"Master Jie, you know you must accompany us."

-"I did. Now go do what you were asked to."

The man known as Master Yang stared at her with disgust before he disappeared leaving Mingxia Jie and her disciple alone. Mingxia Jie looked at her disciple before looking back at the horizon. Her eyes scanned her surroundings before identifying the target amongst the trees. She then stood up, smiling evilly at her disciple and ran off the cliff. She landed quietly in the canopies of the trees with her disciple close behind her. As they got closer they saw Master Yang and the squad, though not revealing themselves to the squad. The target had the most amount of guards that could be labelled as overkill.

They watched as 9 of the 11 disciples of Master Yang were killed in front of them, as the guards killed Master Yang's disciples both Mingxia Jie and her disciple had snuck into the carriage. The man inside the carriage almost screamed if it hadn't been for her disciple to cover his mouth. They took their own little prizes from the man before slitting his throat and leaving the carriage undetected.

*Devil's Sect

-"Master Jie, well done in sending your disciple to carry out the task. He will surely be a great assassin just as yourself."

-"Master Yang, unfortunately, you lost almost all your disciples and did not complete the task."

Mingxia Jie smirked at Master Yang and then left the room. Multiple disciples bowed to her as she walked to see her disciple getting involved with Master Yu. Seeing her disciple being stolen away, made her upset and she cast away her disciple.

*Time lapse 2 years

-"Master Jie, forgive me! Please! Even though now I'm Master Yu's disciple why won't you talk to me!"

-"It's because you are her disciple; I won't teach other Masters' my techniques. Now leave my training room. You no longer are allowed to step in here, or talk to me again without permission from me."

Mingxia Jie then retreated to her rooms and her previous disciple was left alone in her training facility. Later that evening, smoke and fire could be heard and the calling of Mingxia Jie. Everything turned black and now she was falling off the cliff, she smiled as she thought she had lived a short life and everything went black.

Flashback over

_________________________________________________

Mingxia Jie woke up from her dream and shook her head. She had slept for quite a while. As she got up and stretched, she decided to go fetch a book and read in the meantime about the art of war. As time passed by Kangxi Di Guo and Zhang Cong hand returned from court and were discussing policies when they saw Mingxia Jie sitting under the magnolia tree. They walked up to her, Mingxia Jie didn't once raise her head:

-"Good evening wangye, Prime Minister Cong."

-"Wangfei, what are you doing?"

-"What do you think? I'm reading."

-"I wanted to tell you, that in all the time you've spent here since the wedding you haven't held any sort of celebration. Don't you wish to have ties to other people?"

-"I don't want to be related to idiots, besides I already have strong ties like Princess Xiao, the General, Lou Chang, and you. If you are talking about having ties with other nations then that would be most suitable for someone like me."

Mingxia Jie looks up and tilts her head to the side as she ponders about Zhang Cong.

-"Prime Minister Cong?"

-"Yes, what is it wangfei?"

-"You know how to ride a horse, am I right?"

-"Yes wangfei, why ask such a question?"

-"I have a request."

-"And that is?"

-"I want you to teach me how to ride a horse."

-"Umm...whatever you say wangfei... though I don't know if wangye is alright with it?"

When both looked at Kangxi Di Guo, he wasn't even paying attention and had decided to walk away to the pond to avoid the question. They both thought 'Shameless!'. He just ran away from the problem, though he didn't get that far enough to escape. Kangxi Di Guo turned around and spoke:

-"It is an odd request, but why not. I will be accompanying you both."

-"But don't you have court wangye."

-"I was thinking of taking a break from it anyways to spend time with my wife."

Mingxia Jie then mumbled to herself:

-"Right. And Lou Chang isn't both a masochist and sadist."

-"What did you say wangfei?"

-"Nothing."

-"Very well, we leave tomorrow."