Chapter 60

Through the thicket of the forest, the party traveled quietly, not making conversation nor delving into each other's personal life.  It was a strict business type of co-operation that no one disagreed with. For Mingxia Jie personally, she felt a mixture of safety and happiness at the strangers around her. She kept her eye on the demon she met in the alleyway and the people he interacted with. Soon night would fall and then they would rest in the dark forest.  
As the night started to fall she felt an itch just where her heart was. It was an uncomfortable itch, the ones that you want to scratch but it just gets worse. Those types of itches. She quietly dealt with the annoyance, but it got worse as the darkness crept in further. Peizhi soon caught on looking curiously at Mingxia Jie. When he placed his hand on her shoulder, he felt a similar itch at his own heart. But the itch soon turned to pain for Peizhi. Everything hurt, like a thousand daggers piercing his skin. He howled out in anguish as Astaroth and the other demons looks at Peizhi. Astaroth muttered a few curses before grabbing Peizhi by the collar dragging him farther from the flames of the camp fire that had been set up.

-"Bael, put out the fire. It's hurting him. It's happening faster than we thought."

Hiisi and Iblis looked at one another contemplating what was occurring to Peizhi, while Mingxia Jie dealt with the itch silently. Hiisi looked at how Mingxia Jie scratched at the spot above her heart. A knowing look flashed through her eyes, nudging Iblis she motioned his gaze to Mingxia Jie.

-"She's changing. The tattoo must be growing to cause the annoyance for her. The mutt wailing over there"

She motioned her head to where Astaroth was currently dealing with Peizhi who's screams were terrifying to say the least.

-"must of touched the Queen and caused the speeding up of his change to us. But our presence must have given the Queen enough strength to start to increase her influence on the human soul. I'm impressed to say the least."

-"You are impressed by almost anything Hiisi darling. But I understand."

The demons looked at Peizhi curiously at what type of guardian Peizhi would become. Astaroth tried to put out the black flames that surrounded Peizhi. Worried that the human Mingxia Jie would see the transformation, he started to panic.

-"Bael! Iblis! Hiisi! Eumenides! We have a problem guys!"

The group hurried to Astaroth to see the black flames growing. A look of happiness, confusion, and worry passed over the group.

-"What are we gonna do? She's right there."

-"I offer knocking her out."

-"Shut up Iblis, we couldn't possibly do that. Laohu will have my head if I even think of it!"

-"How about we move her."

-"How? She's too curious for her own good Hiisi!"

-"Someone get Laohu!!!"

-"I'm gonna diiiiiieeeeee Bael, I'm toooooo young to diiiiieeee yeeeeetttttt!!!!"

Bael slapped the living shit out of Astaroth in that moment.

-"Get your shit together. I'll deal with the human, you just help the guardian in control. Now move it."

Astaroth sniffled slightly and nodded as he mumbled about how ruthless Bael was. Bael moved towards Mingxia Jie who was curiously looking at the group, she had heard Astaroth's screaming about how he was gonna die, but wondered how demons died. She wanted to go see Peizhi, but from the looks of it the party was already helping him instead of her. She looked at Bael closing in on her. 

-"Can I help you ... uh..?"

-"The name's Bael. Can I talk to you somewhere more private I have something that would help with the itch you have right now."