Chapter 21: Indescribable Moment

Kangxi Di Guo had decided to leave and go hunting and searching for game. When he had left Mingxia Jie had been learning to get on her horse. He had disappeared into the forest for quite some time already before appearing again at the edge of the forest only to hear both laughter and a worried voice.

-"WANGFEI!"

Kangxi Di Guo got worried immediately, he rushed to see at the edge of the campsite, Mingxia Jie was covered in dirt and blood smiling as she laughed aloud with no restrictions. She had fallen of her horse and was lying down in the cool mud. Zhang Cong had run up to make sure nothing was broken only to get a face full of mud when he saw Mingxia Jie. Mingxia Jie couldn't hold back her laughter as she thrown more mud at Zhang Cong. Zhang Cong's worried face broke out into a smile as he chased after the woman who had hit him with mud. Mingxia Jie sprinted and jumped onto her horse followed closely by Zhang Cong, when he almost reached her, she braked hard to the left and escaped Zhang Cong.

She continued to ride, but her horse was tired and stopped. When Mingxia Jie tried to get her to move she bucked and Mingxia Jie fell off the horse. She got up again and led the horse back and gave her water. As she brushed her horse's mane, she turned around to see that Kangxi Di Guo wasn't extremely happy with her behavior.

-"What were you doing?"

-"Learning to ride."

-"That looked more like fooling around with another man."

-"He is your friend, you let him help me. Besides, I had stopped today because I had learned the basics of it. So I'm heading to the hot springs to relax."

-"Before you go, let's clean up your wounds."

-"Okay."

She walked behind Kangxi Di Guo before sitting in front of her tent. Kangxi Di Guo had gone into his tent to fetch the first aid kit. He then walked up and cleaned her wounds with water before bandaging her wounds and putting cream that would allow for the skin to heal without leaving behind a scar.

Mingxia Jie had been treated by Kangxi Di Guo before making up the excuse to go to the hot springs. She had noticed that today, there was someone else other then themselves in the plains. At the edge of the plains, there was someone there. A figure of a man. Completely dressed in black hiding even his face. He sighed before quickly following behind Mingxia Jie.

As she lies in the hot springs, her eyes become cold and distant as she calls out:

-"I know you are here."

Both Kangxi Di Guo and Zhang Cong had also waited to see who had been following them. Kangxi Di Guo had sent away Zhang Cong because he believed the person who had followed them also knew that both he and Zhang Cong were there. After Zhang Cong left a man in black appeared before them. Mingxia Jie was undressed and was staring at the man from the hot springs. She could not tell who it was and why they were here, though the voice had given it all away.

-"Kangxi wangfei?"

-"How can I help you?"

-"I came here to develop a message."

Mingxia JIe's mind was in full detective mode, questioning of all people who had been mysterious man. Why had it been Bai? The curiosity about who Bai truly was, baffled Mingxia Jie. She could imagine seeing the blue eyes piercing her face as they stared at each other. As they looked at each other, Mingxia Jie kept thinking about who he was. There was no emblem or anything to give him away, that meant he was a professional. But a professional at what?

-"Go on. What is the message."

-"You and Kangxi wangye have been invited to Xue country for the Crown Prince's birthday. You are the plus two of Princess Xiao."

-"And why are you here?"

-"The banquet will be beginning in Xue country in two days time. By now a batch of Imperial soldiers are heading to come pick you up, so I suggest making the most of the free time you have."

-"Then why did you bring the message?"

-"Ask the people who sent me."

-"Then who sent you?"

-"Powerful people."

-"Which ones?"

-"Can't tell."

Bai snickered under his mask. He truly liked this woman, she would always get straight to the point and always asked the right questions. She reminded him of Ming.[Which is ironic because they are the same person]. As Bai looked at Mingxia Jie, he had known that Kangxi Di Guo was also on the scene and decided to keep the meeting short.

-"I will be on my way now."

-"Will I see you again?"

-"Probably, you've already caught the eyes of many."

Mingxia Jie was taken back by this remark. Not because it was flirty, but because it might delay her plans of revenge on the Devil Sect. She was about to ask who but the words never left her mouth as she was left alone with her thoughts and Kangxi Di Guo. Kangxi Di Guo had snuck away thinking the same thoughts. But with more anger. Why would he let another man have his eyes on HIS woman. He hated the idea. As he stomped back to the campsite he let out steam by watching the fire burn. Mingxia Jie walked up behind him and said her good nights to both him and Zhang Cong. As she went to bed, she thought about Bai and what was his role in the grand scheme. A few hours later, the thought of Bai wasn't enough to make her fall asleep, and decided to get up.

As she walked out, she was met with the most stunning scenery. The black night sky, had been lit up by countless stars overhead. The mere sight of them lit up the plains completely, as she gazed up a light breeze had passed through ruffling her hair and clothing. Back at the campsite Kangxi Di Guo had fallen asleep by the fire and had been woken up by the slightly chilly breeze, only to see Mingxia Jie standing under the stars. His eyes gazed affectionately, as he worried about her safety in the future.

It had only been six months since their wedding in spring and winter was approaching fast. He had seen her be cruel and calculative with his friends, but as well kind and caring to those closest to her, as well as her thirst for knowledge made her like a scholar of everything. These sides made her natural beauty seen godlike. He had decided that he would surely protect his wife and walk beside her as she takes hold of her goals[Ironic]. He walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her small waist and held her. Mingxia Jie froze and turned around to see Kangxi Di Guo.

Her cheeks flushed red as she wasn't very good with romantics. She stared at him, he lowered himself to her eye level and smiled. Mingxia Jie returned it and looked back up at the stars. They stargazed at the countless stars before them. Kangxi Di Guo then gave Mingxia Jie a kiss on the cheek and looked back up at the stars. When Mingxia Jie felt it, she looked back at Kangxi Di Guo who had completely ignored her. She wasn't sure what to do and looked back up but couldn't decide and looked ahead before quickly pecking Kangxi Di Guo on the jawline.

Neither had expected each other to do such a thing and just sat in silence as they contemplated the indescribable moment under the stars.

[Mingxia Jie's Campsite]