Chapter 26: Dull Interaction with an Idiot

Very sorry about not posting earlier, I haven't had the time to come up with new ideas for the following chapters and have been lagging behind. I hope you like this chapter as I wasn't able to put in as much dedication as the other chapters before. 

______________________________________________________

Mingxia Jie had returned to go pick up her shoes as she thought about what was to happen next. She had purposefully revealed her knowledge of Bai to him, but what was she staking. Truth be told, it was her faith in him. She had known Bai was as clever as her but failed to unmask his motives. As she placed her shoes back on her feet, a maid came rushing by to tell her that she must hurry. Mingxia Jie was too lazy to look and explain herself to the maid and took her time putting her shoes on and walking back to the main hall.

She had long since decided that she wouldn't give any face to this royal family of perverts! As she walked back, Bai had kept a close eye on her. He mocked himself for giving away his identity too early, but there was nothing left to do except keep an eye on her. Bai had felt that the people who had asked him to keep an eye on her, had quite the courage to stand up to Mingxia Jie. Although he never was one to inquire about the contracts he made, he certainly became interested now. And with both Kangxi wangye approaching, it seemed the show would only get better from here.

Mingxia Jie had arrived slowly at the main hall, to be greeted by a few disdainful glares. She sneered in her heart as she thought that she would have to curtesy to put those people in her eyes. If her thoughts had been spoken aloud, then certainly she would have made the people vomit blood. Upon arriving at Princess Xiao's side, Xiao was quite nervous as the royal family had begun to become displeased with Mingxia Jie.

-"Jie'er, where have you been?

-"In the Imperial garden. Why has something terrible happened?"

-"Why did you take so long?"

-"I was in no rush. No one was dying, am I correct?"

-"Yes, no one died. But still, show some face."

The Emperor had although been afraid of Mingxia Jie's background, that person wouldn't arrive for another day or two and so held a gaze of contempt as he looked at Mingxia Jie. Suddenly the complaining of a woman could be heard

-"Royal father. Royal father."

-"What is it Shui'er?"

The woman was the only daughter and pearl in the Emperor's palm Xang Shui. Xang Shui had always been spoiled by a young age and had been arrogant and brazen when not in front of her father. In her father's eyes, Shui was an innocent and pure girl, who was kind and generous. Many of the servants and maids had thought the Emperor was blind, and a rumour that a mirror woman lived in the palace. Saying that this woman would reflect the desires of the powerful, but reflect the nightmares of the weak.

Of course, Shui was a bit stupid and didn't understand the story and thought it was about a concubine. Mingxia Jie had, of course, heard this gossip from the maids and laughed to herself, surely her conversation would be a dull interaction with an idiot. How was this Princess this stupid? Or was she faking it? The Princess acted spoiled in front of Mingxia Jie, but Mingxia Jie didn't have the gall to even care. She was completely interested in the paint on the wall, this infuriated Princess Shui to no extent. She had never met someone who wasn't fawning over her.

Princess Shui got up and walked to Mingxia Jie, she was a bit taller than Mingxia Jie and had delicate features of a pure and innocent maiden. With big eyes, a small delicate nose, and plump lips. But compared to Mingxia Jie, this Princess looked like an ordinary woman. And this angered Princess Shui even more, she was the Xue Country's snow goddess. So, when meeting someone who was prettier, more aloof, and distant. It made her feel like her position was being threatened.

-"Who are you? And why are you not giving me face? Do you know who I am?"

-"I'm Mingxia Jie. I don't care who you are, and I don't want to know who you are."

Hearing this response angered the Princess to the last straw. She would have yelled and thrown a tantrum, if not for the fact that her father was there. The Emperor was also astonished. He had never met someone so bold as to not care about the royal Princess. The Emperor was furious and wanted to deal with this woman, however, he could not slight her so easily and a devilish smirk spread across his face. Mingxia Jie noticed and cursed herself. She had wanted to not involve herself with such idiotic people, but she had crossed a line and now seemed to be on thin ice.

Soon enough as the room became tenser, the eunuch spoke

-"The Royal Adviser is now entering!"

Everyone looked to the main hall doors. Mingxia Jie pondered 'Royal Adviser?' She hadn't heard of such a title before and was truly curious who this person was. An extraordinarily handsome man entered the room, he wore a silver robe that had black cufflinks and wore his silver hair high, while carrying a simple fan that had an idiom written on it 'All things are difficult before they are easy.' Mingxia Jie sneered in heart, as she knew that phrase was hypocritical especially when read by people of high nobility.