Chapter 27: Unidentifiable Man

With the entering of the handsome man, Princess Shui restrained herself and sat back down. As she had been warned multiple times by both the Empress Dowager and her father that the Royal Adviser was not someone who should be treated lightly. When Mingxia Jie saw the Royal Adviser, her heart held question but seeing that the royal family was not disrespectful towards him, this man was someone she should not cross and an innate fear of him made her on high alert. From being an assassin, she could instinctively know when to pick her fights. And right now, she was not in the mood or was prepared to take such a man on. Now, the royal family saw this as cowardness but there was a difference between being a coward, and knowing when to pick your fights.

Mingxia Jie looked at Princess Xiao, who had also felt a certain amount of fear and excused herself along with Mingxia Jie. In the span of time that the Adviser had seen Mingxia Jie, a sense on interest had washed over. Not only had Mingxia Jie been one of the few who held direct eye contact for the longest period, but her eyes had not revealed the slightest bit of emotion. She never drooled over men, from her innate ability to not be allured by them. But as well the complete lack of interest in men to begin with.

When Mingxia Jie had been giver her room when she stayed in the palace, a sense of uneasiness made her sleepless throughout the night. She had suddenly heard footsteps and the sudden whispers through the door. A devilish smile crept out. 'It seems as though this royal family has a death with, very well then! Bengong will play with you!' She pretended to fall asleep, to have a few maids enter with a few men and place blood on the ground and a bloodied sword near the blood.

The next morning multiple guards stood in front of Mingxia Jie's room. She woke up to see the blood and the sword, but she didn't panic. She decided to play along. She opened the door to see the Imperial Guard standing out front with their swords pointing at Mingxia Jie

-"Mingxia Jie! You are here by arrested on the account of the murder of the Right Prime Minister!"

Mingxia Jie sighed. They had really gone all out to pin this crime on her. So far that they would be willing to kill one of their closest allies to make it appear she had done it. But there were a lot of holes in the plan, as though it was made by Shui. It wouldn't surprise her if it was, that girl was in fact an idiot. So, at this point who knew. Mingxia Jie spoke up

-"Then I will have to trouble you."

The guards looked back and forth, they had been told that Mingxia Jie was a temptress and that she was sly and would trick them with her beauty. But what Shui had said did not correlate with what they saw. In their confusion, Mingxia Jie had asked a maid to bring her something to drink and some clothing. She didn't ask the maid to be her witness or ask her to help her clear up the situation. Just water and clothing.

When word spread that the Right Prime Minister had been killed, many were angry and riots outside the gates asking the Emperor to kill the murderer. Mingxia Jie had thought it wasn't a bad idea, as if someone who was an upright and righteous man and was loved by the people it would be a great excuse. And from that morning on, Mingxia Jie was left in a cell to wait her fate. By mid-afternoon, Shui had thought that Mingxia Jie would be willing to ask for forgiveness from her to be released from the cell. Shui had on her way down, had imagined all the scenarios and how Mingxia Jie would ask for forgiveness. But what she found was nothing like it.

Mingxia Jie was silent and had been meditating the whole time. When Princess Shui arrived, Mingxia Jie hadn't even opened her eyes. Looking at the woman who had put her in this cell, she felt that Shui was the one that had to be the most repaid for her kindness. As she looked up at Princess Shui, she didn't hide her aura to kill. When Shui felt the amount of killing intent from Mingxia Jie, her back oozed out into a cold sweat. She had never felt this kind of pressure before and she would surely not be left unscathed from the backlash.

Shui immediately left with her tail between her legs, before dashing away to complain to her father. At that time, the Emperor had forgotten about a certain little bet, and now had a black face. As he was in deep thought, the sound of a someone humming interrupted his thoughts. It was the man he had been dreading. A man with bright red clothing and a bright smile came into the study.

-"Emperor! It seems I have won the deal! Now, hand over my beautiful prize!"

-"You are crazy!"

-"Thank you, I pride myself on being unique."

-"Don't you know who she is!?"

-"It's because I know, that I want have her! Now don't tell me you're going back on the deal. Tsk, tsk."

-"No, I wasn't. I was just thinking that you are going through a lot of trouble for this one woman."

-"Oh? You think so?"

-"Yes.."

-"Well.. Truth be told, she is very important. And I need to borrow her for some time."

-"BORROW!? Do you know who you are dealing with, if word spreads you stole someone else's wife. Especially HIS wife?"

-"Hahahaha! Do not fret. He won't find me."

-"But what about me?!"

-"That's your problem."

Before the Emperor could retort, the man in bright red's mood had died down and he wasn't extremely happy with what he had to do to get it. The Emperor didn't move as he thought that if he did he would surely lose his life. The man in bright red looked at the Emperor before stating

-"I'm off to collect my prize."

The man walked out of the room and headed to where he thought Mingxia Jie was. Which was her room. Seeing the bloody sword and blood on the ground, a devilish smile appeared. Before he disappeared off to find the woman who would change his life for better or for worse.