Chapter 45: Hissy Fits

Returning back to Xue there was a certain someone that was unhappy. Well, make that two people. Kangxi wangye and Peizhi. Now both were stranded in Xue and didn't know where Mingxia Jie had disappeared, both had tasks to complete, but neither could complete them without knowing where she had disappeared to. Now during this time of absence Peizhi had been busy with ruining the Emperor's peace by looting and ruining the festivals that had occurred. Some were pranks, while others less so. Peizhi had been requested to meet in front of the Emperor. Now Peizhi was still pissed about not getting his prize but was curious as to what gall the Emperor had to summon him. 

Now he wasn't the only one who was summoned. The Emperor believed that Kangxi wangye's reputation was going to scare off Peizhi. It went a little like this. Peizhi had pranced along while the guards "escorted" Peizhi. Truth be told. They had handcuffed him and put him in restraints. Losing a few guards in the process before they could transport him to the Emperor. Peizhi had been looking for information for the people that had ruined his meet up with his previous Master. This was one of the reasons for seeking out Mingxia Jie. She was of value to him. From the short period of time that Peizhi had met Mingxia Jie, he knew that she was the one. From the way she carried herself to the way, she spoke to him. It was the exact same. Arriving at the throne room, the Emperor was still waiting for Kangxi wangye to show up. 

Now neither of the two men were on good terms but were on better terms than with the Emperor. Which held the Emperor at a disadvantage that he was unaware of. Peizhi looked at the Emperor dressed in royal fashion with the crown prince sitting beside him. 

-"Oh, Xang Fu. This is your son? Huh, I was expecting something more, you know, wow. Like he's okay. Maybe even subpar if you think about it."

-"Peizhi! You will respect bengong's self and bengong's royal Father before I behead you!"

-"Tough words for a pipsqueak. "

Peizhi got up from his kneeling position and put up his fists in a mock fighting position. The Crown Prince fumed at Peizhi's actions. The Emperor had already tried to intimidate him, but Peizhi wasn't frightened at all. The Emperor merely sighed at Peizhi's mockery.

-"Zhen's son, do not try to reason with a maniac. There is just no point."

-"But Father! He insulted you!"

Before the Emperor could speak. Peizhi intervened. This was an approach that Master Jie had taught him. Peizhi was currently in magical restraints. These restraints didn't allow for his qi to flow, but the only way to unlock them was for someone of the royal family touch the chains. Peizhi was trying to goad the Crown Prince, fully aware of his temper and what his triggers were in cases such as the current situation had occurred. Returning back to Peizhi's interruptions.

-"Ya, I'm crazy! And stronger than your father pipsqueak, that's why he's hiding behind his throne."

-"Shut up before I personally end your life here!"

-"Try me pipsqueak, you probably still a little behind the ears!"

-"Why you little--"

-"Little? I'm far larger than you!"

(Please tell me someone got that reference?)

The Crown Prince was up to here with Peizhi's antics and jumped down from his place beside his father. The guards held the chains closely and tightly to stop Peizhi from moving. The Emperor was fully confident that Peizhi would die here; Fate didn't think so. When the Crown Prince was about to slash down to cut Peizhi down, Peizhi shouted:

-"Freedom!"

Barreling into the Crown Prince, the blade pierced the cold floor as the restraints fell from Peizhi. Now the situation both men were in was compromising, to say the least. Peizhi found it amusing and was able to take the moment and untie the rest of his restraints, easily getting up and pushing off anything weighing him down. He smirked and jumped away from Crown Prince putting his hands beside his sides. No one had expected such a development and were caught off. Now no guard wanted to recapture Peizhi, thinking over the consequences of it. They reprimanded the Crown Prince in their minds.

-"My, my Crown Prince. This surely is a predicament you've landed yourself in now. I'm pretty sure the guards aren't going to attack me out of fear for their lives. But you can try. I've never had the blood of royalty on my hands."

Peizhi had a crazy light in his eyes but suppressed it quickly. He remembered from what Master Jie had told him. Don't let instinct take over. Observe. Strike. Disappear. That is our role. Peizhi stood in a fighting pose with his cocky smile. The Crown Prince dusted himself off and prepared himself as well. Each one circled one another, neither making a move forward in their actions. At the same time, they lunged. A flurry of hands and feet collided with chests, legs, arms, and faces. When they separated, the Crown Prince was in a worse state than Peizhi. He had a bloodied lip, with multiple tears in the clothing as well as a few bruises from the punches that landed on him. Just as they were about to go at it again for the second time; they heard a chilling cold voice.

-"Your Highness. I would suggest against further fighting that man."

Nothing in Kangxi wangye's face betrayed his annoyance for the pest known as Peizhi. He openly did not like Peizhi, and neither did Peizhi.

-"Why isn't it the great Kangxi wangye in the flesh. I believe you still owe me something, now don't you?"  

The room quickly became suffocatingly tense from the two men. Each one exuding a murderous intent at each other. It became so much that the Emperor quickly called for aid from the Royal Adviser. Now both men didn't say anything else but stared each other down. The Crown Prince wasn't stupid to know that he should not intervene there at all. As the tension in the room grew, the Royal Adviser had come to save the day. He busted through the doors like he was Beyonce, gaining the full attention of both men. His gaze fell on both men and he humphed:

-"Quit your hissy fits, you little pieces of shit."

That immediately defused the situation instantly.