Chapter 30: Poison Incense

The crowd had been starting to sway to Mingxia Jie, and the guards who had brought her there were starting to break out into a cold sweat. They grabbed Mingxia Jie and pinned her down to stop her, a cold smile emerged. She had been waiting, all the retorts she had made was for this one moment. When the guards pinned her down, she let out an ear-piercing scream. The people below became frightened, the guards had man handled a woman of such a petite frame. The crowd frowned and looked at how they treated a woman and started to defend Mingxia Jie, by voicing their opinions that she shouldn't be handled that way.

Mingxia Jie had exaggerated of course her pain to be able to gain the people. The guards then escorted her to her cell and threw her in before disappearing off to their posts out of fear of getting the short end of the stick from Mingxia Jie. She looked back at her cell door, the sun had started to set and the torches were illuminated and out of the darkness appeared the royal adviser once more to look upon Mingxia Jie. His face had a light smile before bursting out laughing

-"I hadn't expected you to win over the people so easily. But then again the people are as simple minded and pure as the snow. But I must say you should consider apologizing to Princess Shui before things get a little out of hand."

-"Can I ask you a question royal adviser?"

-"Go ahead."

-"What can you bring me?"

-"Anything you want."

-"Perfect. I need a bouquet of the purple flowers that grow at the edge of the Imperial capital."

The Royal adviser smiled as he thought that Mingxia Jie was too apologize with those flowers and went out gaily. But before he left Mingxia Jie continued

-"As well as a bit of cao bamboo and a small knife with a mortar and pestle."

-"Of course, anything else?"

-"A new outfit would be nice."

The royal adviser went away with a smile on his face and disappeared as quickly as he appeared. Mingxia Jie sat in her cell with a cold smile on her face as she thought about how she was going to get her revenge against that idiotic Princess for throwing her into this jail cell. She quietly laughs to herself thinking 'This is only the beginning, I still have more up my sleeve!'. The royal adviser returned and hands Mingxia Jie all the items she requests for before turning on his heel to go back to his study. In the cell, Mingxia then grabbed the flower she carefully extracted the poison from the stem and put it into the mortar doing the same for the rest of the flowers, she then put the flower inside and crushed it with the poison extract until it became a fine powder. She then emptied the cao bamboo and made a fine stick that would hold the poison, before placing the poison into the cao bamboo, she grabbed a piece of her clothing and ripped it before putting the poison inside, wrapping the poison in the cloth tightly before placing it inside the cao bamboo.

With the knife, she tested the flammability of the cloth in the cao bamboo and it gave off a bamboo scent and worked perfectly like an incense stick. she then escaped her cell during the night to find Princess Shui. She found her room and entered, Shui wasn't there because she was taking a bath, she switched out the incense and lit the poison ones before waiting for Shui to come out. Shui smelled the incense and rewarded the maid for having found the newest incense to her liking. The maids said nothing because they had received a reward for doing nothing. Mingxia Jie left waiting for the effects of the incense to begin, but not long after she entered her cell, the sun rose and chaos once again welcomed itself into the palace.