Chapter 61

Mingxia Jie looked stupidly at the guardian. They party looked stupidly at the guardian. As the guardian opened his stupid mouth to explain what was going on, the group dragged him away from Mingxia Jie, and set up a shield in order to keep Mingxia Jie out of the conversation as she hovered against the shield curiously.

-"You dumbass! We aren't suppose to tell her yet. That's the human, not the Queen. The human doesn't know anything about the Queen's existance. How could we possibly tell her. Are you sure you didn't leave some of your soul on the other side!!?"

-"Oh..."

-"Oh! Really! You just got here!"

-"Now what are we suppose to do?"

-"Ask Master Laohu. He should know how to fix this issue right?"

The group nodded at each other before Astaroth disappeared to where Laohu was. Currently Laohu was sitting near a quiet lake that shimmered from the moon and night sky. Letting out a sigh the demon relaxed into his surroundings. After the mess with the guardian, Laohu finally could get some peace and quiet. That silence was short lived as Astaroth barged in on the quiet scenery.

-"Master. We have an issue."

-"Fix it yourselfs."

-"We can't..."

-"What do you mean you can't? Of course you can, now leave me be."

Astaroth let in a large breath.

-"TheguardiantoldthehumanabouttheQueenandwedon'tknowhowtofixtheissuewhichleadthepartytothinkitwasinthebestchoicetohaveyoufixit."

-"What? Actually don't answer that. That moron of a guardian."

Laohu stood up and transformed back into his original form as they made their way back to the camp. Back at the camp, Mingxia was in shock. Being called a Queen was not as shocking as how it was phrased. 'What you really are.' Mingxia Jie believed she was fully human,but that was not the case at all. Somewhere along her journey, she believed that her body had undergone a change. But the truth of the matter was that it was her soul. Although it never changed, it had hidden in Mingxia Jie's previous lives waiting for her soul to be strong enough to take over the body forcefully.

Mingxia Jie sat down quietly as she waited for some sort of explanation as to what was happening. As soon as her thoughts were distracted the itch above her heart appeared, Mingxia Jie was so in depth in her own thoughts that she had not realized the changes that started to appear on her body. At first it was a small change, like her hands becoming smaller with longer nails that seemed like claws. Next was the tattoo, it crawled over every inch of her snow white skin in patterns in constant movement. But what had snapped Mingxia Jie out her trance was the searing pain on her back. She let out a scream and fell to the ground from the pain. She gritted her teeth as he pain increased by another fold. Her claw like hands left deep scratch marks in the soil. The party noticed the changes and sucked in a breath of air.

They looked confusedly as the transformation occurred. Laohu had not arrived and they did not know what to do. They never had to experience a forceful transformation because it came to them as easily as breathing. Looking at the struggling human, Hiisi scurried over and grabbed Mingxia Jie's hand.

-"Human, you must relax. It will go much more smoothly. Do not reject the transformation. Although it feels like fire, mellow out the flames to make it comfortable."

Mingxia Jie let out a groan as she heard the woman. She decided to listen to the woman and entered her dantian which contained both gold and black energy swirling around in a battle. The extreme heat originated from here as she encased both energy's with her Qi as she lowered the temperature. The comfortable warmth flew out and the excruciating pain was not longer there as a tempered warmth spread across her back allowing for her to relax. Until finally the pain was gone. When she opened her eyes again she saw that the party of people were gaping at her. But before she could pay attention to the party she felt extra weight on her back. When she turned she saw the corners of wings. The wings fluttered from her shock, as she touched the wings, she knew how sensitive the wings were.

Looking back at her hands, she noticed the difference. SHe had smaller hands with sharp nails as talons. Looking at the ground she saw the damage her nails could do. However what surprised her the most was the black mist that crawled over skin like a protective guard. To say she was overly confused was an understatement. It felt as though the rug had been pulled out from under her and she did not know what she believed anymore.

I could say the same thing little one. I had not expected this to occur.

'Who are you?'

I'm what those demons are looking for. I am their Queen...Well, we are their Queen. Until I have enough power to separate from you I will have to borrow your body from time to time to spend time with my people.

'Wait, wait. I did not agree to this.'

Too bad. We'll discuss this at a later time. Now sit back.

Mingxia Jie felt as though someone had plucked her from her consciousness as she floated in a dark space. She realized that the demon Queen had taken over her body. Shrugging she floated in the darkness cultivating after having been in a forcefully removed. In her place the Queen stood. Mingxia Jie's dark black eyes had now become red, the wings had taken on a tint of red at the tips and the black mist now imprinted itself on the skin like a tattoo. She raised a brow at her subjects, before letting out a baleful amount of death and killing intent. The demons felt a welcoming aura as they converted back into their original shapes and made their way to their Queen.

The guardian kowtowed to the Queen and kissed her feet. The Queen put her foot on top of her guardian and pressed down on his head. The guardian was clearly a masochist, this the Queen was aware, and purposefully dominated him to have his full love and respect.

-"Who am I to you my dear guardian?"

-"My cherished Queen Asmodeus, whom I will protect till death do us part."

-"Very good my watch dog."

When Laohu entered the clearing and saw the love of his life, he changed into his human form.

-"Asmodeus?"

The Queen looked at her beloved and a large smile broke out showing off the beautiful white teeth.

-"The one and only."

Laohu charged her and picked her up swinging her around, keeping her close to his side. Asmodeus let out a small chuckle as she played with Laohu's hair. They had been separated for more than 100,000 years and their love for each other had grown more over the time they had separated. They say distance causes the heart to grow fond, this was true as the lovers reunited under the starry sky and found each other in their grasp. Laohu cried silently as he inhaled Asmodeus's scent , she herself let a few tears slide as they faced each other once more. Asmodeus brushed away his tears and crashed her lips onto his on a passionate yet slow kiss that made her skin crawl and wings flutter. Laohu felt the emotions and returned them. As things started to become heated between the two lovers Asmodeus forcefully separated herself from Laohu. She gave him a small sad smile as the red started to fade from her eyes. She gave him one more kiss before the red faded. In her place stood Mingxia Jie, and Laohu returned to his original form before looking curiously at Mingxia Jie. Mingxia Jie returned the confusion and asked

-"How do I get out of this form?"

Laohu shook his head disappointedly but did not comment on why he was disappointed.

-"It's very simple, just think about your human form and it should occur naturally."

So Mingxia Jie imagined how she looked previously and felt the weight on her back become lighter and made the tattoo return to just her chest. When she opened her eyes and saw her normal appearance once more she let out a sigh of relief.