Chapter 7: Revenge

She glided to the table that had the chemicals and began to work. In less than half a day she finished the concoction. She swiftly dipped a needle in the concoction and released it from her hands. It was so fast that Lou Chang didn't realize it, she looked at Lou Chang with her mouth covered by her sleeve and looked with malicious eyes. Lou Chang was gritting his teeth, but realized that she hasn't given it to any of the subjects. 

-"Wangfei. Were you bluffing? Your concoction is still on the table, do you doubt your wo-"

-"Lou Chang, shut up. I'm waiting for it to take effect."

Mingxia showed her smile to Lou Chang. Lou Chang's knees felt weak and he fell to the ground and stared at Mingxia Jie. His faced flushed a tint of red from Mingxia Jie's smile, but he couldn't stop from sweating from fear. He's never seen such a beautiful woman be so evil, and he enjoyed it. Mingxia Jie called out with such a clear and powerful voice that even Lou Chang had the urge to follow this woman to the ends of the earth, he vowed that he would always respect and follow this woman with all honesty.

-"Come."

-"Yes Mistress"

One of the women had stood up and made her way to Mingxia Jie. Mingxia Jie grabbed the woman's chin and looked at her face. Her eyes were white like snow, and her face lacked emotion. Mingxia Jie asked quietly

-"What's your secret?"

-"I stole a hairpin from the empress"

-"Perfect."

Mingxia Jie let go of the woman's chin, and the woman landed on her butt in front of her. But no sound came from the woman. Mingxia Jie snapped her fingers beside the woman's ear, the woman's body slumped to one side and fell on the ground. Another woman shrieked from the sight. Mingxia Jie walked up to the woman who screamed and whispered in her ear. That woman immediately fainted.

When she turned around, the subject had turned into a dry husk of a human being. Lou Chang looked at Mingxia Jie in a new light. The saying 'a wolf in sheep's clothing' perfectly applied to Mingxia Jie. He had been fooled by her innocent demeanor. Mingxia Jie looked at Lou Chang with a blank face

-"Pay up, I win."

-"Of course Madam..How did you do it?"

-"Don't worry, I wrote it down for you. But for now I need your help, please follow me."

Lou Chang followed her like a stray dog. In his heart he recognized Mingxia Jie as his Master -entirely forgetting about his childhood best friend- Kangxi wangye. Mingxia Jie had no idea that she had been idolized by Lou Chang. They both walked to Kangxi wangye's study with silent steps, as they approached she waved the guards to not call for her arrival. When Mingxia Jie stopped in front of the study, Lou Chang was about to question why, but not a single word left his mouth before a body flew out of the study. The body hit against a pillar and went unconscious. 

The owner of that body was Zhang Heng, except Mingxia Jie didn't know that and only knew him as the man in black. Mingxia Jie's sadistic smile returned. She had been waiting for this man to return. She grabbed the unconscious Zhang Heng and dragged him back into the study. Lou Chang saw her smile and his face became as pale as paper for one being that a woman as lithe as Mingxia Jie dragging a man at least three times her weight and twice her size. Kangxi Di Guo saw his wangfei trying to suppress a smile while dragging Zhang Heng across the floor, he lifted a brow out of confusion. He looked towards Lou Chang and his pale face, and couldn't help feeling a terrible fate Zhang Heng has been given.

Having her victim out cold was the best conditions she could have received. The Dao heavens gave her this opportunity, she mustn't lose it. She pulled out a white pill that was speckled with yellow dots. She forced the pill down Zhang Heng's throat and waited. Zhang Heng woke up a few minutes and looked at the people in the room. He looked at Lou Chang's pale face and was confused, he later looked at Kangxi wangye. Kangxi Di Guo seemed to be in deep thought, and Zhang Heng was further confused.

He noticed the final person in the room, it was Mingxia Jie. She was suppressing a smile and seemed to be expecting something. He felt like tonight was possibly the night he was going to die. Lou Chang spoke up:

-"Madam... What exactly did you feed him?"

Both Kangxi Di Guo and Zhang Heng raised a brow. 'Madam?'

-"Lou Chang, shut up. It should have taken effect by now... Ah, how I've dreamed of finding you."

Zhang Heng became angry. She forced him to take something while he was unconscious! He stood up quickly and ran towards Mingxia Jie. But before arriving at her he felt waves of nausea and dizziness. He fell at Mingxia Jie's feet and began to have muscle spasms and wasn't able to make out anyone.

"It worked."

'What worked?!?' Kangxi Di Guo, Zhang Heng and Lou Chang stared at Mingxia Jie in expectancy of an explanation. None was given. Zhang Heng burst into a sweat and was timid.

-"What did you feed me..?"

-"Oh? I just fed you a new poison. I had been meaning to hunt you down, but you fell right into my lap. You had pushed my plans in the wrong direction and forced me to become the lustful object in front of the wanfu. And I'm not one who lets go of grudges."

Zhang Heng had thought the wangfei didn't know it was him. She had wanted to get revenge this whole time! That was 6 months ago! And she's still holding a grudge! She had waited until she could catch her prey and break him completely. All the men in the room could only think one thought 'Demoness!'. But the truth was, she was the Devil's maid!