Chapter 16: Elite

As Mingxia Jie looked at the man standing in front of her, her body naturally exuded an air or nobility and power. The man standing in front of her looked at her with profoundness in his eyes, though Mingxia Jie didn't see it that way at all. She thought that the spearman was lecherous, and creased her eyebrows before her leg went up and slammed into the man's tall frame. The man went flying at least of minimum of 100 meters before crippling as his back hit a tree at the edge of the forest.

The men stared at Mingxia Jie with their jaws dropped. Not once had they expected to see such a beautifully talented woman in martial arts. The spearman quickly made his way back before bowing profusely before Mingxia Jie.

-"Who is your master? I wish to become a disciple!"

Mingxia Jie was utterly confused. She was about to speak that she was the master, but a devilish smile bloomed on her face. If she could get a small squad to train and obey her, it would become much easier to get rid of the Devil Sect. She sighed and spoke eloquently:

-"Sure; however, my Master has his own terms."

Other soldiers heard these words, and began to think if it wasn't too late for them to become stronger warriors. 15 strong men stood in front of Mingxia Jie and began to bow asking to be allowed to become a disciple. She looked at the men, although she had set her sights on the spearman, having other specialties would come in handy. From the 15 men she would only take 8, because why not. Besides 8 was a lucky number and she decided only the best 8. She looked at the men and said:

-"My master is only taking on eight disciples, two spearman, three swordsman and three archers. Other conditions will be spoken to the best 8. General, could you help me in choosing the best 8."

The men became fired up in hoping for becoming the best 8, to learn under a powerful master. As the General came up he split the men into their appropriate categories. There were 5 archers, 5 spearman, and 5 swordsmen. As they split up, both Mingxia Jie and the General inspected their physical strengths. They looked at certain areas for certain categories and then finished off by looking at them spar. Mingxia Jie and the General disagreed on most because Mingxia Jie was looking for those how had strong potential to grow while the General was looking at those who had reached their full potential.

The best 8 then met with Mingxia Jie and the General walked into the camps quarters and sat down to talk with everyone:

-"As you 8 know, you are the best of the best. However, my Master will only appear to you at night at the barracks. The other condition is that you 8 will become a squad and must assign a leader, that squad will either listen to orders either me or my Master give out. If orders are disobeyed then, that will be a story you will all not want to hear."

-"Mingxia Jie, you can't take a squad from the army. It would surely cause quite a fuss."

-"How about this then, they are an elite squad. Sent out whenever or wherever necessary, I will listen to what the General has to say and take it into account with what my Master wants."

Mingxia Jie smiled brightly at the General, who was still worried about the idea. However, at the sight of her smile, all the guilt and worry disappeared instantaneously. Remember how the General's affections would later play in, this is how. With permission to control an elite squad, Mingxia Jie's trip was not in vain. As the men hear the discussion, they start to look amongst themselves. Then one of the soldiers speaks out with vigour:

-"We cannot decide, we've all trained together and do not see someone worth leading the squad."

-"Don't worry, I had thought about this and had someone already prepared for the task. You will meet her tonight."

-"HER!?"

-"We are sorry, but we cannot work under a female squad leader."

-"If you can beat her then I have no problem with changing the squad leaders. Whoever beats her will become the squad leader."

Mingxia Jie stood up and began to leave; as the men looked at her back a sense of trust bloomed in their hearts. The General quickly walks out with the men closely following behind Mingxia Jie, at the sight of the squad captains, the captains look at the General hiding in the shadow of Mingxia Jie and call out. Because they had been in arms with them for so long, they had become the closest of friends.

-"Hey General!"

-"Hiding behind a woman, are we now?"

-"Where did our General go? Oh, there SHE is!"

-"Ahahaha"

-"General, is that your new husband?"

The General became furious as he yelled back at the captains; the atmosphere became a happy and carefree feeling. The General's face flushed a bright pink as he looked at the captains and began to laugh as he kept yelling at them to get back to work. As they continue to make fun of the General, Princess Xiao couldn't hold back her laughter and burst out, while also making fun of the General. The soft ringing of a woman's laughter made its way through the training camp, at the sight of a Mingxia Jie in a full smile. Their legs felt like water, seeing such a smile would surely bring them good luck. As they looked at the departing party, they couldn't help but imprint Mingxia Jie's smile in their minds.