Chapter 46: Calm Before the Storm

The Royal Adviser's comment was jaw-dropping. The Emperor and the Crown Prince felt like what was said was ridiculous. There was no way that would diffuse the situation, but it did. Peizhi started laughing his ass off from the comment, he wiped away a single tear that had escaped during his laughing fit. Kangxi wangye let out a smirk from the comment. They both focused on the Royal Adviser. Both nodded out of respect for the man, though no one knew why. The reason for this was because they fully knew that this man was. But that was for a later time. Now both men were still a bit upset at not knowing where Mingxia Jie was. They both looked to the Royal Adviser with answers. Each to his own agenda's, the Royal Adviser was aware of. In the room, the Royal Adviser made his way in between both men and nodded to both.

Peizhi still had a mission to complete and could not do it without her. While Kangxi wangye just wanted to go back home. The Royal Adviser cleared his throat in a mock attempt to get everyone's attention. Which was completely unnecessary in every shape or form. 

-"Now gentlemen, you believe that I have the answer to your questions."

Both nodded profusely. Each had wanted answers that none of their staff could give. 

-"That belief is true. I can find your beloved Mingxia Jie; however, doing so has its consequences as Fate has determined her path."

Kangxi wangye stood tall with proud shoulders and a stoic expression.

-"Screw Fate."

Peizhi equally stood forward and put on a lazy smile. 

-"Since when has Fate dealt me a fair hand anyways."

Both stepped forward and stood tall against the Royal Adviser. They all smirked before falling in line behind the Royal Adviser and disappearing past the doors. Now during this whole encounter, the Crown Prince had his ass handed to him and slinked back to his seat. After the ordeal, he huffed and left the premises not bothering to talk to his father knowing how cowardly he was. Back to the three great men, they left the palace through an underground exit. The scenery murky and dull against the men. Only Peizhi complained about his robes.

-"Do you know how expensive this is?"

-"That trash? I beg to differ."

-"How would you know Di Guo, you wouldn't fashion if it took a shit on you."

-"Now, now. Both of you. Don't you want answers?"

Both nodded their heads and quit their bickering, while Peizhi smirked at being able to get the last laugh, but felt the ground under him fade. He landed face first in the mud while Kangxi wangye and the Royal Adviser continued forward. Peizhi grumbled a few curses and caught up quickly throwing away his outer red robes. Kangxi wangye looked over

-"See? Trash."

Peizhi was seething but said nothing seeing as the Royal Adviser had his eyes on the pair. They quickly removed themselves and arrived at a small house. They entered without a fuss. The interior was heavily decorated with deep claw marks and small mat in the center. The Royal Adviser sat on the mat while both men stood far from the mat. They heard a loud growl from the mat. 

-"Meals?"

Neither men shivered at the sound of the voice. Each releasing their power to show power.  Another growl came from the man on the mat. Each retracted their power, while the man on the mat huffed. The man sprawled out on the mat in a relaxed state. He opened his eyes, showing more feline slits than human eyes. His eyes focused Kangxi wangye, he huffed. Then moved to the smiling Peizhi. He groaned. He didn't like either of the two. He'd rather them leave but knew they wouldn't.

-"What do you people want?"   

Now both men went and sat in front of the man. They looked at each other before nodding and Kangxi wangye took out a piece of cloth. The man let out another growl. 

-"You expect me to be your dog?!"

The man stood up and paced the empty room, his flared temper didn't dampen either Peizhi's or Kangxi wangye's mood.  

-"No. We just want you to use your sight to know where she is. Just the kingdom specifically."

The man focused on the cloth. And his brows crinkled. He didn't like the scent of that cloth. The man sat back down in his relaxed state and blew a plume of hair out of his face. Slicking back the tips of his hair he focused on the men. 

-"And what's in it for me?"

Peizhi continued

-"You live?"

The man cackled. A melodious sound, downplayed by the sharp teeth and threatening glare.

-"Boy. Do you know who I am."

-"Yes, very aware. And for that reason, you'll take our deal. Or we can summon your master."

-"You wouldn't dare."

-"I dare." 

The man huffed. He didn't want to go back. He was having to much fun in this realm. But he really didn't like the scent of the cloth. Smelled like deepest parts of hell and for a celestial animal had him on edge. 

-"Whoever you are looking for. You shouldn't."

Both men raised their eyebrows. Equally felt that seeing the man/beast on edge, made them curious. Peizhi asked first. 

-"Why?"

The man drawled out.

-"Oh right, you humans can't feel it. But the spirits in your souls certainly make you feel a slight edge. Whoever this is, that soul came from the deepest parts of hell."

-"Hell? You must be joking."

The man just deadpanned. Peizhi let out an awkward chortle. Kangxi still pushed the cloth in front of the man. The man swallowed back the lump of fear that grew in him. He took a whiff, and closed his eyes, leading him to Jiang.

-"They are in Jiang."

The man dropped the cloth and stood up to wash his face. He turned around and both men were gone. The man dropped to the mat, and a tail peeked out swinging back and forth. Now both men had fully sprinted to get to their networks to scoure through Jiang. It truly was the calm before the storm.