Chapter 9 (Peter)

All the times I've tried to catch these guys, I really haven't got them, yet

All the times I've tried to catch these guys, I really haven't got them, yet. I've always played offense, where I'm the one always going after them. This time I've decided to change the game entirely. I'm guessing that everytime they steal something, they're bringing it to somewhere. And that's where my plan comes in. I'm really hoping my plan will turn out this time. The plan is to follow them back to where they're hiding and look at all the situations that could happen. If I get the chance to take them I'll do it. If not, then I'll know what I'm up against and will have a plan for the next time. 

I watched them rob the bike shop. The cops showed up at last minute as they were already gone. Burr- It's cold wearing spandex in December in New York.  I had the oddest feeling that someone was watching me. I kept scanning the area and I didn't see anyone. As I followed my fellow villains, I thought about the Winterfest Dance. I had more fun then I thought I would, thanks to Mallory. I wonder what her deal is? Sometimes she is really nice and fun and then other times she looks at me like I'm the next person on her list to kill. I wish I understood girls better.

I continued to follow them. Their hiding spot was the small airport in Queens. LaGuardia Airport. My first question is 'Why?' There would be tons of security here. They would have been caught by now if they've been hiding here for weeks. The airport is closed this week and next week because of repairs and updates on the building. So they could have possibly just moved here.

Next, to one of the airport hangers that holds the planes, they opened a door to a very small shed. There's no way they could fit something bigger than a car in that shed. There was a small glass window on the door that I looked through. I couldn't see them in the shed. I waited a few minutes to open the door. I opened the door slowly and quietly. There were tools everywhere. I'm guessing it was the tool shed for the airport. As I was looking around, I saw a trap door on the floor. I peaked it open. It was a tunnel. I quietly crawled through the door and into the tunnel. It wasn't too long of a tunnel because I could see light coming from the other end. 

As I reached the end of the tunnel I could hear voices. I peaked my head out of the tunnel. The tunnel led to an abandoned parking lot under the airport. I saw the two men standing by a large object that they were working on. They were building something. Something big. I listened to what they were saying. 

"Hand me that wrench over there."

"I'm surprised Spider-Man didn't show."

"Yeah, well I guess he's giving up."

No, I wouldn't say that. I don't think someone, as determined as him, would give up, unfortunately. He's come during all the other times. Maybe he didn't get there in time."

"Maybe."

"How much more do we need until this is done?"

"We need a few more parts and then it should be good to go. I think the boss will be pretty happy with our work.

"How will we get it there?" 

"I'll rent a U-haul or something."

I looked around the lot. There was one way to get out with a vehicle. I could set up something there and stop them from shipping this to their boss. I wonder who it is. I check my watch to see the time. It's 11:05. I told Aunt May I would be gone all night for the pictures for the paper. 

I tried to adjust my suit lenses so I could get a closer look at what they were building. I also checked my web shooters just in case I would need them. I pulled a screwdriver out of my built-in pocket on my suit. Crap! I dropped it. It fell to the ground. I tried to catch it but I was too late. It hit the ground with a loud thud. The two men turned around to see what the noise was. When they saw it was me, they dropped what they were doing and ran towards the tunnel. 

Great, I'll have to buy myself a new screwdriver. I quickly started to back into the tunnel when I bumped into something behind me.