Chapter 23 (Mallory)

When I got home with my mom, I went straight to my room and laid on my bed staring at the ceiling. Oh Peter, what have you gotten yourself into. I couldn't stop crying. Why Peter, Why? I tried to cry myself to sleep but it didn't work.

It was 11:30pm. I got up off my bed and called Harry. My phone rang for a long time. He's probably sleeping.

"Hello?"

"Harry! Can you track Peter's phone?"

"Really Mallory? You call me in the middle of the night to ask if I can track Peters phone. Of course I can track it! I've been trying all night! Don't get your hopes up though, Peter's smarter than that. He turned off his signal completely. I can't find him."

"Uhg why Peter? Do you have another way of tracking him?"

"Ive been trying to think of other ways but I've got nothing. It's useless."

"Harry?"

"We're never going to find him."

"Harry?"

"Peter's smarter than that. He wouldn't wan-"

"Harry! I have an idea."

"Sorry. What is your idea?"

"Peter is obviously bringing his suit with him, right?"

"Yes I tried hacking into it but it was blocked. I'm surprised he remembered.... Wait! I can't believe I forgot! I put a tracking device in one of Peter's web shooters so I could find it if he lost it. I designed it and I know Peter doesn't know that about it. I totally forgot.."

"We're both stressed and it's hard to think. I don't blame you. Alright can you pull up a signal? We need to find him."

"Yes I did but it looks like we're not going tonight. He's already almost out of New York!"

"What! No we need to do it now Harry. Who knows when Peter will find them? How can you sleep anyways? Knowing your best friend is out there alone and scared."

"I wouldn't sleep. So, what's the plan, Mallory?"

"We need to track his suit. Pack our bags tonight. And I'll pick you up early in the morning. We can skip a day or two of school to find him. I can get my mom into signing a note for the school."

"Okay, but this isn't a very good plan. No offense but we don't know what we're getting into."

"Do you have a better idea?"

"Well, no."

"Okay, that's what I thought. Bring all the technology that we'll need. I can work on the bits you need help with. Make sure to pack plenty of food and water, money, extra clothes, the tech, and anything else you need. I'll pick you up at 4am."

"Alright Mallory, I'll have the location of Peter and my bag full of things waiting for you outside my house at 4am."

"Okay Harry sounds good. I'll see you then."

I hung up the phone. I hopped out of bed and quietly packed a bag full of spare clothes and some of the technology from my last science project. I quietly walked into the kitchen and packed food into my bag. I left a note on the counter for my mom.

'Hey mom. Peter called and wanted Harry and I to pick him up from the hospital. He was with his aunt all night and needs us right now. Don't worry, you can call me if you want. But Peter really needs us right now. So if you could call the school and let them know we'll be gone that would be very much appreciated. I love you and will see you later.'

I quickly went back into my room and changed into different clothes. I got back in my bed and waited for morning to come. Whether Peter wants our help or not, he's going to get it.