Chapter 12 (Mallory)

I couldn't wait to tell Peter what happened on Friday night

I couldn't wait to tell Peter what happened on Friday night. It was Monday morning, and I ran to Peter's locker to see if he was there. He wasn't. I decided to wait for our first-period class to tell him; but, he wasn't there either. I continued to wait. At lunch, Harry was sitting by Maggie and some of her friends. Still no Peter. I walk up to him.

"Hey Harry, do you know where Peter is?" I asked. Harry turned around.

"No, I'm not sure. He texted me saying he wouldn't be here," He responded.

"Oh, okay. Could you give me his number? I really need to talk to him," I asked. Harry smiled.

"Uh, yeah. Here it is. Are you doing okay? You're not looking very good," He said. His head was slanted to the side.

"No, I'm fine. Thanks, Harry!" I finished entering Peter's number into my phone. I didn't eat lunch. I went straight to my locker.

Hey, Peter, it's Mallory. Just wondering if everything is okay? I have some exciting news to tell you!

I waited all day for a response. I didn't get one. The next morning I checked my phone and there was a text from Peter.

Yeah, I'm fine, thanks

okay, Just wondering if you're coming to school

Soon

Oh, okay

What is up with him? Was there something he wasn't telling Harry and me?

I went to school a little bummed out. Peter is the only person that listens to me when I talk about Spider-Man. I skipped lunch again today and got caught up on homework. When I got home I dropped onto my bed. I wish I had something to do. Art club is taking the next few weeks off since Christmas is coming soon. My mom was still at work so I decided to go for a bike ride. Before I left, I texted Harry.

Were you able to get the assignment to Peter?

Um no I didn't... I'm a little busy, could you get it to him? Thanks

I rode my bike over to Peter's apartment. His Aunt opened the door. She smiled.

"Thank you for bringing it over for him. I have a quick question. Don't tell Peter I asked but I'll sometimes hear him mutter the name Olivia, Dr. Octopus, and Kingpin in his sleep. Do you know-" Aunt May was interrupted by a loud thud.

"Peter? What was that?" She yelled.

"Uh, nothing. Everything is fine!" He yelled back sounding out of breath.

"Well, there is someone here to see you."

"Oh no that's okay. I was just dropping it off. I don't need to see him-"

"Mallory, I insist. Harry told me that you actually got Peter to dance. I'm very thankful you did, he really needed it," She told me.

"He looked a little down so I thought I would cheer him up and Harry told me he needed to have a little fun." There were more thuds that came from Peter's room. Aunt May started to head to his room, I followed behind.

"Peter, What's going on in there?" She asked. She opened the door. Peter was rummaging around his room. It was a complete mess. He quickly threw something into his closet and turned around to face Aunt May. He stood there shirtless. I was in shock. I didn't know he had abs or that he had very defined muscles. He saw me standing behind Aunt May. I quickly looked away blushing.

"Peter, what's going on in here? Why is this room a mess? It was completely spotless an hour ago," She asked. Peter grabbed a shirt from his dresser.

"I've just been busy working on things," He said, still out of breath.

"Okay then. Mallory stopped by to drop off the homework you missed the last couple of days. So I'll let you two talk a little," Aunt May said and left.

"I was just stopping by, you don't have to talk to me about it if you're busy, I'll just... um, go," I said turning around to leave.

"No, why don't you come in Mallory," Peter said, picking up his things. I walk into the messy room.

"You can sit down on my computer chair," He said pointing over to his desk. I cautiously sit down and watch him as he grabbing things and throwing them into his closet. He threw something small and red into the closet and shut the closet doors quickly.

He sat down on his bed and stared at the floor.