Chapter 42 (Harry)

Peter was right back at school the next day. News went around the school that he was in a coma, but I knew no one cared. No one knew he was gone until he was back.He had missed so much, but Peter was smart. I would try to push his wheel chair but he would get upset because he wanted to do it. So I would let him be. I helped him when he couldn't do it.

After 4th period he gave up on the idea of doing everything himself. I pushed him to his locker. We had lunch next period so we dropped our things off.

Mallory came by to see how Peter was doing. Peter's face was red and his breaths were short. I got scared because his short breaths reminded me of when he passed out.

"Is everything okay Peter?" Mallory asked.

"I don't know. I'm sorry Harry if I've seemed crabby today. I really just want to gain my strength back. I feel so weak and helpless right now and that's not how it's supposed to be, you know. I'm Spiderman for crying out loud and I can barely push my own wheel chair, I'm struggling to write with a pencil, I can't hold on to things for long periods of time. I just can't stand being helpless when I'm the one who's supposed to be helping others," Peter complained. His eyes were a little watery. He was trying to hold everything in.

"Peter, you just got out of a coma for crying out loud. I don't think anyone has recovered that fast from a five month coma. You've got to give yourself credit. You came to school, you've tried your best to work with the circumstances, and your doing good for your first day back. It's okay to ask for help. We're here to help you," I said. I kneeled down to the side of his chair. He looked at me.

"But that's the problem Harry, I'm not recovering."