Chapter 40 (Harry)

Peter's question threw my off. I wasn't sure how to respond.

"Um, what do you mean?" I ask.

"How long have you two been dating?" Peter asked. Mallory and I look back at each other. We were so used to being together and everyone knowing but we forgot that Peter is still 5 months in the past.

"Um well-" Mallory started but Peter cut her off.

"You guys don't have to hide it. I saw you guys come in holding hands. You guys are my best friends and I'm happy for the two of you. I was just wondering when you guys were going to tell me," Peter said. He smiled at us but it seemed a little off.

"Oh, yeah. I'm sorry Peter, you've been gone for so long, I've actually forgotten how much you've really missed," Mallory replied.

"Yeah, it's like your still in December when we're already in the beginning of May, but don't worry, we'll get you all caught up," I say. Peter smiles again.

"Thanks guys," he says. Aunt May comes back from the bathroom and sits down next to Peter. Mallory and I try to fill Peter in on what he's missed with school and things around town. Peter's nurse, Peggy, comes in.

"Peter, we just have one last test for you," Peggy says.

"Okay," Peter replies.

"What kind of test," Aunt May asks.

"We need a blood sample."