Chapter 11 (Peter)

I can't believe I messed it all up

I can't believe I messed it all up. If I hadn't been messing around and drop my screwdriver, none of this would have happened. I didn't expect Mallory to show up at the airport. I thought she might get to see me at the bike shop and get a picture but I had no idea that she would follow along. 

I laid myself down on the school roof and took a look at my wound. Thank God the bullet wasn't in my leg. But it grazed me pretty bad and was still bleeding a lot. I put more webbing on it and got back to my car in the empty parking lot. Kingpin hit me hard on the head when we fought and I could still feel it throbbing. I quickly changed back into my nice clothes so Aunt May wouldn't notice. When I got home, I opened the door and found Aunt May on the couch reading.

"That must have been one heck of a dance if it took that long," She said. I chuckled. Yeah, one heck of a dance for sure.

"Yeah, it was good. I had a lot of fun," I replied. 

"Peter?! What happened to your head!?" Aunt May jumped off the couch to examine him, "And why are you limping?" She raised her voice. Crap. I forgot my alibi.

"It's alright, May. I tripped when I was dancing and hit my head on the ground and I might have pulled a muscle in my leg when I fell, that's why I'm limping," I replied.

"You need to be more careful before you really hurt yourself. Go change into something more comfortable while I get you an ice pack for your head," Aunt May scoffed as she hurried to the kitchen. I quickly headed to the bathroom and got a large band-aid and ointment out of the cabinet. I quickly put the ointment on my wound. It burned so bad but I kept quiet because I didn't need May hearing me in pain. Thank God I heal quicker now that I'm Spider-Man. I put the bandage over the wound and quickly changed into sweats. 

Aunt May hurried into my room with an ice pack wrapped in a towel. She sat down on my computer chair ignoring my messy room. Usually, she would be upset by the condition of my room but she didn't say anything. She handed me the ice pack. 

"Thanks, May. I'm fine, really," I said. She sat there just looking at me. She chuckled.

"Alright tough guy, get some rest," She got up and kissed me on the forehead.

"Can you shut the door?" I asked as she left. She closed the door behind her. I sat up and looked down at my web shooter still on my wrist. I made sure to hide my wrist so Aunt May wouldn't see it.

 I made sure to hide my wrist so Aunt May wouldn't see it

There was a red flashing light coming from it. When I fought tonight, I was able to place tiny tracking devices, that Harry and I made, on Kingpin and Dr. Octopus. I may not have stopped them tonight, but let's just say I'll have an idea of where they're going next.