Chapter 36 (Peter)

What happened? I remember Harry driving me to the hospital and then a bunch of nurses connecting me to wires. Then everything went black. I felt extremely weak. I try lifting my arms but it's too hard. I see that I'm in a hospital gown. I lift it up and look at my stomach. Where were my abs? They were gone. I look at my arms again. I realized that they were really thin. I looked at my legs. They looked like they could be my arms. Why was I so skinny?

"Peter?!" Someone yells and drops something. My vision was blurry, I couldn't see clearly. I could only see things clearly up close. What was going on?

A few nurses must have come in the room because I saw blurs running around me and checking things in my arms.

"Hi Peter, how are you feeling?" Someone asked.

"Fine, I guess," I replied. I was still confused on what was going on.

"Um, can I ask a few questions?" I asked.

"Sure!" Someone said.

"Who are you?"

"I'm the nurse who has been taking care of you."

"Oh okay, what's going on?" I asked.

"Well, what do you last remember?" The nurse asked. A million images flashed through your head. Aunt May being kidnaped. Fighting villains. Saving your friends. Rushing to the hospital.

"Um... being rushed to the hospital," I say, hoping my answer was good enough.

"That's right! Okay, we have a few more tests to run and you should be free to go finally," the nurse said.

"Wait what happened to me?" I ask.

"Peter, you've been in a coma for 5 months," the nurse said.

"WHAT? You're kidding. I need to get out of here," I said. I tried to sit up but the nurse quickly pushed me back down.

"Just a few more tests Peter, then you can go. I promise," the nurse replied.

"Fine, one more thing. I need my vision checked," I say.

"Alright, I'll add that to the list," the nurse says and walks out the door. How could I have been in a coma for 5 months? I didn't understand.