Chapter 18 (Mallory)

I sat on the couch still shocked from what happened

I sat on the couch still shocked from what happened. I couldn't believe I met Spiderman, the Spiderman! And it turns out, he's just a regular guy. I still can't believe it was Peter.

"So how was school Honey?" Mom asked as she set groceries down on the counter.

"It was okay I guess," I said, recalling the events that happened at school.

"Just okay? Well, maybe tomorrow will be better," mom said. Yeah, maybe, I thought.

"Do you know when dad will be back from his trip?" I asked. I turned on the tv.

"I talked to him a few nights ago and he said soon

"I talked to him a few nights ago and he said soon. I'm going to start dinner okay?" She said.

"Alright," I said as the news channel appeared on the screen. Breaking News appeared on the screen. Great! Now what?

A news reporter appeared on the screen with flames behind her. "There has been an explosion on 20th Ingram Street in Forest Hills. There is no information on how or where the explosion came from but rescuers are evacuating the Building and checking for survivors. The st-"

"OH MY GOD!" I yelled. I jumped up from the couch and put my shoes on.

"What? What's going on?" My mother asked running to me from the kitchen.

"That's Peter's Apartment building!" I yell pointing at the tv. I ran out the door. I got on my bike. This was the fastest I had ever biked. I pulled out my phone and tried calling Peter.

'Hey this is Peter. Sorry I missed your call. I'm probably busy saving the world or something. Just kidding (laughs in background) leave me a message!'

"Damit Parker!" I yelled into the phone. I waited for the beep to leave a message. Beep.

"Peter! Omg please tell me you're okay! I saw the news. I'm on my way," I said and put my phone in my pocket. I peddled as fast as my legs would let me.

I finally arrived at the apartment. There was still flames all over the building. Firefighters were rushing in and out and hosing the building with water. There were many bystanders watching the flames. I looked around for Peter. I searched and searched the crowd of people. I also searched for his aunt. I couldn't find them. Tears started to fall from my face.

"PETER!" I yelled.

"PETER!!"

It was no use. I would just half to wait like everyone else. But I couldn't stand it. I couldn't wait to find out if my best friend was dead or not.