Chapter 34 (Mallory)

I drove away as fast as I could. There were tears in my eyes, making it hard to see the road. Aunt May was in the back lying down. She was hurt and I needed to get her to the nearest hospital. I look in the rear view mirror. Aunt May was awake but she was crying.

"I'm sure they'll be okay," I say.

"I hope so... I... I just...I didn't know," Aunt May whispered.

"I'm sorry," I whispered back. I can't imagine how she's feeling right now. Finding out that her nephew was out risking his life every night. What if he had died? She would have never knew. I pushed all my thoughts to the side. I pulled into the hospital. I helped May get in the hospital the best I could. It was hard. She was really injured. I was practically carrying her in.

Two nurses saw us and ran outside with a wheel chair to help. The quickly got her in and started running x-rays. They told me I had to wait in the lobby. After almost two hours Harry came running into the hospital screaming for help. A lot of nurses followed him and brought out a cot. I stood up and ran outside.

Harry had Peter laying in the back of May's car. Harry Must have changed Peter out of his suit. There were scraps of clothing wrapped around his arms and legs. The scraps... they were drenched in a dark red. Harry was screaming at the nurses to hurry. Peter was still conscious but barely. I started crying. I ran to Peter trying to help but the nurses pushed me away. I look at Harry.

"What happened?!" I yell at him.

"I tried to help him! I tried to stop the blood myself. He can't be here but I didn't know what else to do!" Harry yelled back.

"Harry! Please!" Harry and I look back at Peter. He was using the energy he had left to yell.

"Harry please don't let them take me! They can't! They'll know!" Peter screamed with every last ounce of energy he had. The nurses tried to keep him quiet but he kept yelling. Harry and I followed them in. We were able to push past the nurses and get in the room with Peter. They started hooking him up to machines and started shoving needles into him. Lots of the nurses left to get more things. There were two nurses in the room.

"I need you two to go get more towels and buckets to stop the bleeding," Harry said.

" sorry, we can't take ord-"

"Do you really think I care? Go get them!" Harry yelled. The two nurses looked scared and ran out of the room. I locked the door behind them. Harry quickly dug in his backpack. He started pulling out chemicals. I heard knocking on the door.

"The door's stuck!" I yell to the nurses. I was trying to by time. Harry started mixing the chemicals.

What are you doing?!" I yell with tears still steaming down my face.

"Harry, please don't let them," Peter said with short quick breaths.

"I promise Peter," Harry said. He was still mixing chemicals. Then he stopped to think. Peter must have noticed.

"Harry, don't forget hydrogen peroxide and bleach," Peter muttered.

"That's right!" Harry said.

"What? What are you doing?" I ask again. I could hear the nurses scrambling around and banging on the door to open it.

"I'm temporarily hiding part of Peter's DNA," Harry said as he started pouring liquid into a small capsule. He attached a needle and slowly injected the formula into Peter's arm, giving him a shot.

"How is that even possible?" I ask.

"Mallory, open the door," Harry said hiding the needle in his bag. I open the door and a few nurses come flooding in. They started testing his blood. I gulped. Harry and I were rushed out of the room.

We waited for results. We hoped the injection worked. We waited for an hour when a doctor came out.