Chapter 17 (Peter)

It felt really good to finally tell Mallory

It felt really good to finally tell Mallory. She is really smart and she could probably build a lot better technology than I can. I'm glad I don't have to lie anymore to her. I'm still in shock about Olivia but that's something I can worry about later. The truth is, it's hard to stop liking someone you've grown to admire and wish they  would notice you but now my brain is all confused.
I walked Mallory back to her home. I quickly threw a hoodie and sweatpants over my suit. Mallory insisted that I should stay for awhile until her mom gets home. Mallory is actually really good at cooking. She made lots of cookies. We talked a lot about my suit and I answered many of her questions.

"Hey Mallory, would you be interested in helping with building my tech for my suit? Harry does a lot of it but he gets frustrated a lot with his work and I figured if you're there to help it will be less stress for all of us," I asked. Mallory pulled another pan of cookies out of the oven. She laughed.

"Of course, I can only imagine how upset Harry gets. Poor guy, I can see what I can do," Mallory laughed again but smiled at me this time. I picked up my backpack. I needed to head home before Aunt May freaked out. As I opened the door, Mallory's mother was shuffling through her purse look for the keys to the door. She looked up.

"Oh, Hi, I'm Peter. Peter Parker," I said introducing myself.

"Hi Peter, I'm Mallory's mother. It's nice to finally meet you. I've heard a little about you. Are you leaving already?" She asked.

"Yes I need to get back for dinner with my Aunt."

"Well I'll see you around then, bye Peter!"

"Bye. See you Mallory!" I said and walked out the door. As I was walking back to my apartment, I got a call from Harry.

"Hey man, what's up?"

"Oh My God, you're okay!"

"What? Why? what's wrong?"

"There was an emergency 911 call. The address was your apartment. Wait, is May home alone?"

"Yes! Harry what's going on?"

"You need to get there fast! May's in trouble!"

TO BE CONTINUED