FUN FACTS

Crown Of Glass was initially named Nightingale Of Storms in the very first draft - with Drusilla being referred to as a nightingale as she did the first Blood Ritual and called on a storm of disasters

The coronation of the Triarchy occurs in the thirteenth chapter of this book. Thirteen, coincidently, also happens to be the unluckiest number in the history of the world (and is also the number of dead gods in the last chapter) - which is why it was no wonder that the Triarchy's reign was fated to be filled with death from the very start.

Tristan's name was originally Llewellyn, and he did not have a younger brother back then.

Whereas most of the gods have never suffered a cut from Bloodstone, Edwina and Tristan both have 3 scars on their body that will never vanish. The first on their wrists, which they got by marriage. The second one on their chests, which killed them both. (Tristan's scar runs through his back.) The third for her when she was tortured, and for him when he had a fight with his father.

Edwina's name in the mortal world was Edna Tremont, and the word 'Tremont' was chosen very carefully, by combining the names 'Tremayne' and 'Valmont.' I dropped this hint in the very first chapter itself to indicate how these two houses would join in the future. Also, it was very hard to choose between Tremont and Valmayne.

Both Edwina and Tristan uttered the same sentence before they died.
"Tell Edwina that I love her... and that I'm sorry."
"Tell Tristan that I love him... and that I'm sorry."

Edwina and Tristan have both attended each other's funerals. It's not hard to imagine why they have similar nightmares.

Almost every character in this book suffers from some or the other kind of mental illness. Edwina is claustrophobic and has ptsd, not to mention her addiction to alcohol. Tristan has insomnia and depression, and also becomes suicidal in the last few chapters - due to which he begins smoking and taking drugs. Amphitrite gets postpartum depression after her babies die. Emerick gets panic attacks and anxiety after Justaline's death, because she was the very last person he had and now he has no one left - being the only surviving immortal from his original set of six siblings. The same goes for Celinette, as she is the only one out of the original four siblings that remains alive at the end. Irina too remains the only surviving Rotavelle cousin after the deaths of her sister, Celestina and her brother, Favian. I want you to know that it's okay not to be perfect, and that mental health matters. Love yourself.

Edwina originally died after being tortured in the original draft. Her injuries were too severe, and she passed away in her sleep the night they brought her in. Her last words to Tristan were 'don't leave me,' and she asks him to smile one last time for him knowing that she won't make it to the morning. They both fall asleep, her in his arms - and he wakes up to find her dead. Tristan fought the war till the end and after they managed to win, he pronounced Eric as High King and killed himself.

When Edwina and Tristan part their ways during the war, it is the last time they see each other alive for a hundred years.

I am left handed. That's where Tristan's traits come from. And did I mention I like to paint? That's some Edwina for you.

The foreign language Tristan speaks so often is derived from ancient Latin.

Tristan and Edwina both killed their fathers. Tristan killed his sister as well, so the High King of Endollon has technically killed half his family with his own hands.

The meaning of the name Edwina is 'prosperous friend', 'gorgeous' and 'wealthy.' It also symbolizes 'a person who derives happiness from a social lifestyle,' or stands as a synonym for 'wind and fire.'

The meaning of the name Tristan is 'a loyal guy who will always be there for you but holds secrets and insecurities on the inside.' 

Tristan Valmont is a reincarnation of the god Uranus.

Edwina has lived three lives - as Edwina Tremayne, Edna Tremont and Aspen Hill. Yet drinking has always been her vice and it was also the reason why she died in her second human form. Don't drink and drive, guys.

Cosmo, Ambrosine and Edwina are bisexual. Edwina hasn't realized it yet, but she suspects - though she is the happiest with Tristan. The hints had been dropped as best as I could, and I really needed to represent this side of the world in this story. It's time we embraced the community and accepted it :)