31 | ACT II, SCENE III

P R E V I O U S L Y

Then he grabbed me by the shoulders, slammed my back against the wall and possessively crashed his lips onto mine.

CALCHESTER CITADEL, STEFFITH.

EDWINA

THE REST OF THE WORLD ceased to exist.

A hitched gasp erupted from my dry throat of its own accord as our lips made contact. Fountains of blazing desire shot up into my surging blood, nearly strangling me with the sheer intensity of the passion between us.

"Fuck," I let out a surprised, raw cry that turned into a breathless moan of pure arousal.

"Shut the hell up," he groaned against my lips.

Our bodies pressed together like snow against rain, and he possessively backed me against the wall, pinning my wrists with his.

"Per caelum, quam pulchra es," Tristan huskily drawled in a silky voice, eagerly pinning me to the wall as his insistent mouth sent wild tremors into my throbbing veins.

I lost control as the unknown, beautiful words left his lips, and I tilted back my head and offered myself to him, trembling with arousal and shaking like a boat lost in a tsunami.

He hungrily lifted me up, kissing me relentlessly as I flung my arms around his shoulders. I felt my dress riding up a few inches, but my mind hardly paid it heed as he hungrily ravished me, urged on by my seductive murmurs.

Because I was the desert and he was my oasis.

I could taste the wine on his lips, the burnt sugar and glazed cinnamon on his tongue, making a heady cocktail of desire that lulled and drowned me into its mesmerizing spell.

Vocal moans of approval took flight from my throat and landed against his lip. He let out a deep, possessive growl and kissed me ferociously, all the tenderness drained away by ever consuming and white hot desire.

All my resolve melted and the world faded from my eyes. All I knew in that moment was him, and only him. His soft black hair melting in the warmth of my palms. His marbled lips rolling over mine. His strong hand firmly backing my wrists and pinning them hostage to the wall.

A delicious tremor washed over me as Tristan let out a husky drawl, tilting my jaw to meet his. He playfully skimmed a finger over my chin, smirking to himself at my low moans with a mischievous glint in his eyes. I retaliated and teased him by biting down on his lower lip, seductively swiping my tongue over it. The god let out a low grown, sending me aflame with renewed vigor and I went about urging him closer to me.