80 | ACT V, SCENE VII

P R E V I O U S L Y

"Welcome home, my Queen," he whispered, before I finally fell asleep in the warmth of his arms.

HARTINGTON CASTLE, ALNWICK, STORMHOLT.

TRISTAN

I FELT SOFT LIGHT AGAINST my lids. My eyes groggily opened to find dusky light filtering in through the curtains. There was something - someone - soft and warm in my arms, breathing against my neck, and I turned my head slightly. The smile crept quickly over my face as I looked at the magnificent woman curled up into me. It wasn't just a dream. It was real. She was real. And now mine in every way possible.

Edwina shifted slightly, pressing her body to mine. Her legs were draped over me, and she curled her arms around my chest.

"You exquisite creature," I whispered under my breath, overwhelmed by her intoxicating scent, and our... exploits of last night. It made me grin again. The sheet slipped down, exposing her sweet, delectable breasts. Unable to control myself any longer, I pressed a tender kiss to her delicious lips and began to trail kisses down her earlobe, the curve of her neck, the dip in her lovely collarbones. Suddenly, Edwina softly muttered something in her sleep and I went still, watching her rock her hips by just a fraction, her hand sliding down.

Ah, it was that sort of dream.

I listened, trying to make out what she was saying.

"Yes..." she breathed, barely more than a whisper. I wondered what was happening behind her fluttering lids and waited with bated breath. "Oh god, right there... there, yes..." her words floated out.

I was smiling so broadly that my lips threatened to tear off. I continued with what I was doing, leaving behind trails of burning kisses on her smooth skin, and feeling her writhe and softly moan under. I pulled the blankets down, admiring my lovely wife's glorious form, tracing a hand down her slender waist, her supple legs, the dewy roses blooming between them.

"It's rude to stare," Edwina's voice startled me in the silence. Her eyes were heavily lidded and sleepy, a beautiful, clear teal, like the sky near the sea, hair cascading in soft curls, like streaks of fire.

"I wasn't staring. I was admiring," I chuckled, and her sensual lips curled seductively, inviting me. I couldn't control myself any longer and bent down to kiss her, she flung her hands around my neck in sudden abandon, and rolled on top of me, her silk skin brushing mine. Soft hair fell around her face as we pressed our lips together in sweet symphony, the sweetest morning I'd ever woken up to.