88 | ACT VI, SCENE V

P R E V I O U S L Y

"You're already at the end of the road. Are you ready to face the consequences... dear mother?" Mirel breathed harshly, before plunging the dagger right into Drusilla's heart.

 dear mother?" Mirel breathed harshly, before plunging the dagger right into Drusilla's heart

CALCHESTER CITADEL, STEFFITH.

TRISTAN

"DON'T FUCKING TELL ME," ERIC spat, his gaze venomous as it flicked over the immortals.

Edwina strode in, her hair flying behind her as she hauled a bitter Drusilla and Miriel in, eyes blazing with sheer frustration. She stopped and hurled them both to the floor as the crowd stepped away at once.

"You," she barked at Miriel, forcefully tilting her chin up, "what the fuck did you just call her?"

Drusilla drew herself up, spitting ice that curled and froze on the cracked marble floor, her eyes purple with livid anger.

"She lies!"

"I clearly heard her call you her mother," Edwina snapped, fury on her features as she withdrew a blade from her belt. "What in the name of Uranus? You have a daughter?"

"Stop," Deimos thrust everyone aside to come to the front, "stop manhandling my daughter!"

"Keep your mouth shut," Edwina snarled at him, grabbing the scruff of Drusilla's robes and holding her knife to that white throat. "Now," she said quietly, "you will tell me who she is to you... before I cut out your tongue."

"I don't know the damn child," the goddess spat. "I don't have children."

"Oh, she is most definitely an Everly," I said coldly, putting a finger under Miriel's chin and examining her face. The innocent, golden haired child I had found that day - gone was the delicate child, and in her place was a livid girl whose face was contorted in anger. I pried the bloodstained knife out of her fingers, standing up.

"Who is the father?" Eric demanded, his jaw hard as he wrapped a hand around Drusilla's pale white neck. The grey of his eyes had vanished, replaced by a pure, rippling back.

"She's not mine!"

"Let go of my daughter!" Deimos brusquely advanced, his voice ringed with threat.

"Not until she confesses the child is hers!" Edwina swore in his face, before turning back to Miriel. "This child has been living in my home for nearly a year. Not once have I questioned who she is - now, I will have nothing but the truth!"