92 | ACT VII, SCENE III

P R E V I O U S L Y

"I bet I can make good use of my new weapo-" she leered, before I vanished into nothing, hurled right into Seattoria.

HEWE, STEFFITH.

TRISTAN

WE WERE LOSING.

BADLY.

THE army had begun to push us back.

I had barely been gone for an hour - an hour to help my wife. To kill him.

Him.

I did not know if I would grieve for the man whose blood flowed in me. For the man whose very existence threatened that of my wife. For the man who had lost even the last shred of morality and had doomed himself to hell and back.

I did not know. I did not grieve. I only carried myself back.

Back to the carnage.

The air was thick with dreadful black plumes of roiling, reeking power as it swirled and misted from Deimos's fingers, clouding and clogging in the smoking air. The number of men on our side had reduced to half, fighting and attacking even as I found him struggling to hold the front lines while trying to ward off the attackers.

"Quite a nice tea party you had while we fought for our lives here!" he roared, as I cut off a man running towards him with a flick of my wrist.

"Emerick betrayed us. Thirty thousand men, all gone!" I hissed at him, watching his face begin to go white. He thankfully kept his mouth shut as I climbed onto a vantage point, beginning to summon my power even as my eyes scanned the battle. I caught sight of a stream of soldiers in light blue and purple, as alarm bells went off in my head.

The LeVane and Everly soldiers - something must have happened.

"Come now, my dear," Celicca's laughs rang over the surging battle as she circled and mocked Drusilla, Aeneas at her back. "I'm sure we can replace your lovely crown with something a bit more... fitting."

She drew up her sleeves and glared right at Aeneas, her gaze clouding with a haze of exultant power. Drusilla's eyes went wide as the Titaness stepped over the bodies, happily trampling them under her feet as blood spurted out of their crushed corpses. They both took one step back, and another, and another, until they were pressed against a wall of the rotting dead, their flesh slowly rotting in the stale air. Celicca reached out for them both with open arms as Drusilla shot out stream after stream of brutal frost and pointed icicles at her, but it did nothing to dim the immortal being's power.

A sickening crunch rented the air as she broke Aeneas's spine into two.

The lines of soldiers behind him stood steady for a second, and then shattered into a hundred pieces.