85 | ACT VI, SCENE II

P R E V I O U S L Y

Apollo.

CALCHESTER CITADEL, STEFFITH

EDWINA

THE ONLY SOUND WAS THAT of Tristan's sharp, ragged breathing.

His eyes slowly turned to a soulless, pitch black - fixed as they were on his father.

The wine filled glass decanters were the first to shatter. A quiet rumble cracked in the air as the High King's power worked against the shield's locks. Yet it refused to yield, remaining in place. The ground shook as the excess power swirled and thundered, just like the storm flickering in his eyes.

"Who called him here?"

No one said a single word.

"Now, now. Is that any way to welcome your father?" Apollo merely held out his arms with a malicious smile, his muscles rippling in the dim light.

"I asked," Tristan growled, his voice the deadly silence before the storm, "WHO CALLED HIM HERE?"

Helios flinched slightly, his glow dimming as he sighed heavily, slowly taking a wary step forward.

"I did."

Tristan drew out his sword with a ring of steel, his face rippling with gleaming fury, a detached mask of livid ferocity. Apollo pulled out his own sword as father and son both looked at each other with only disdain. My husband was furious - not just furious, he was livid - they would have to invent a new word for killing when he was done with Apollo.

They fell on each other, brutal and bloodthirsty.

"No! Stop!"

It took the combined efforts of Helios, Atherton, Eric, Llewellyn and my father to haul the two of them away from each other, their eyes flashing with fury and blood. I pulled Tristan back, coaxing him, pleading him, begging him to stop - but there was only anger in his eyes, only a harsh, brutal, raw need for revenge.

"Get out of my fucking sight," he spat.

"No," Helios panted, "no. We need him, we need his men-"

"Get lost."

"No - please. He has men, they can fight - he can fight as well - he is my son."

"I will throw you both out of the fucking Citadel," my husband growled.

"You cannot do that," Apollo looked at him, malicious.