32 | ACT II, SCENE IV

P R E V I O U S L Y

Then I blew out the candle, donned my cloak, and left the room. Headed for the second room at the end of the third corridor.

 Headed for the second room at the end of the third corridor

DILSTON CASTLE, KNAVESMIRE, DRACNESSE.

[TRIGGER WARNING: VIOLENCE!]

EDWINA

AFTER A WEEK OF CATCHING up with my duties and pushing through meetings and responsibilities, I finally got time to be here.

To come home to Dracnesse.

I opened my eyes after teleporting to Dracnesse. Standing before me were tall, long turrets rising above the dark burgundy towers. The huge gates were opening as the watchers saw me teleport right outside the walls of Dilston Castle.

"Our Queen is here!" someone shouted.

Tall and grand, it had a foundation in the shape of an octagon, the eight fold shape flanked on all corners by turreted columns reaching to the sky. The smell of burnt ash in the air from the volcano lying underneath. The power I controlled over fire kept the lava burning inside in check, because I could absorb all the heat from it and use it if I needed for my own purposes.

A welcome party came out to greet me, and they immediately ushered me into the foyer where three men were waiting to welcome me back on my arrival.

The first was my father, Lucius Tremayne, with a worried face and even more worried eyes. The second was a dark haired main with gold flecked eyes. He was my closest advisor and clever minister, Francis. The last was a large, strong looking man with the features of a hawk. He was my spymaster, Hullard.

"I heard what happened at Rimebay, are you alright?" my father was worriedly turning over my wrists. I laughed and rubbed them together, the marks left by the chains were gone long.

"What has been going on in Dracnesse while I was away?" I inquired.

"Lots of things," Hullard muttered.

"Which might be cleared up by this," Francis produced a tightly scrolled letter, as if he were offering a red rose to his significant other.

I briskly took the letter and unrolled it, scanning it quickly.

"The fuck is the meaning of this?"

"It's very clear, Edwina," my father sighed. "Deimos has been taking loans from us, he is coming here today with another-"